See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

Booked a couple of rooms here to attend a function. Have to say I've not been in such a badly kept establishment for years. This is why hotel chains take over and the British seaside resort is in decline. Filthy, ramshackle , cobbled together hovel with furniture out of a skip. Shower did not work, tv did not work, a firetrap. Basics like bulbs and enough cups not provided, divan bed had a metal headboard strapped to it , decor out of the ark and the place looked like it had been "decorated" 30 years ago by a blind disabled man. How anyone has the gall to actually ask for money to suffer that is beyond me. You'd be better housed coming out of prison or as an asylum seeker. Do not waste your time or cash. I'd describe my friends room but it wouldn't be accepted on site.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Drucherry
Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

Paid for 4 nights booked out after 2 could not stand another night in this place!!! This has to be the worst place we have ever been to The place was filthy and can only be described as a squat after climbing a mountain of stairs and finding NO fire escape you soon find out this is NOT a hotel at all but a bad B&B they phone you to find out what time your arriving because this place has no staff and send some body to meet you!!!! Breakfast is something else !!! Every thing seems to be microwaved even the butter was rancid to put on the cold toast We never bothered any more just could not get away soon enough . Parking you might have a long walk back to the squat!!! Once you get one!! So no fire escape!! No restaurant!! No bar!! So make your own mind up .There are plenty of Named hotels for almost the same money

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 24,079,733
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

Below are just some of the pictures taken while staying there
When I made this booking through booking.com I was asked for card details but it did say no payment would be taken and to pay the host .. but when we arrived we found out the host had taken the money through the card ...not that it mattered but it wasn't as said ..
The description also said there was parking ... We had trouble finding a space .
The lady that let us in spoke very good English and was very pleasant...
Our first impression in the hallway was that it was very dated tired and extremely hot .
We were shown to our Room up a flight of stairs turning right at the top and down 2 steps ,turned left up 1 step along a very narrow hallway quite snug carrying a case too .at the end down 2 steps and tripped up a half step into room 1.
First impression of the room was bit off putting to be honest and if we hadn't have had the money already stopped on card we would have left .. had a feeling we would never had got a refund.
The room looked very small barely room to walk around dingy and dubious dirty marks on the walls and again extremely hot ..the radiator wouldn't turn off so we had to have the windows open all the time ... there was a metal head board behind the bed that almost fell on my partners head when he sat on the bed (this was the only place to sit) this wasnt fixed to bed or the wall so we took it out and put it in the bathroom .....there was a wardrobe but no way of hanging anything as there were no hangers there was a drink can stuffed between wardrobe and the wall my guess is to stop it wobbling there's as chest of drawers with several knobs missing and it sorry state on top of this is a lamp you can't plug in and tv you have to jiggle with mains lead to keep power to it ..next to this a wobbly folding table with tea things on kettle 2 cups 2 spoons a tea bag a sachet of sugar and 1 milk this is for 2 people .......the radiator skirting boards and behind drawers is filthy I doubt had been cleaned in a long time the sink in the bedroom had no hot water to it and no where to put a towel soap etc...
BATHROOM
Well this was a bit different looked liked had been a cheap refurb at some point was very odd had a door from the bedroom into it light switch was on other side of the room ...odd ... there was another door which went on to hallway we kept locked and 2 large mirrors next to each other 1 seems to be hiding a boarded up window !!! another sink in here no hot water here either the corner shower looked impressive large shower head ....way to heavy for the holder it kept falling down hardly any water flow either the electric shower has very temperental controls in the morning i managed to get a small flow of warm water and attempted a shower BIG MISTAKE shampooed and shower gelled the warm water turned icy cold that was it no more warm water fuming isn't quite the right word for how I felt ..
The supplied towels were clean and akin to sandpaper ...my floor cloths are in better condition than those ..
Will we stay again absolutely never and I will never recommend to anyone only to say stay well away
Oh and breakfast well don't have that that not at all like advertised or on the menu no only fired eggs that were hard and rubbery no fruit I will say tho the dining room was much brighter than our bedroom and appeared cleaner
On leaving dining room we noticed plates of pre cooked fried eggs sausages and bacon which I guess were microwaved when needed all were out on a worktop in the u bearable heat of this house .
I made all my complaints to the manager which she said she would pass on to the manager which she doesn't very often see as he works in London as an accountant she says and his wife is a lawyer she thinks ....

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jackie C
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

I booked a room through booking.com and called to ask if I could have a late check out. Firstly they couldn't find my reservation, despite the fact that I'd paid for it a week ago. Then when asked about s late check out I was told that 10 O'clock was check out time and if I wanted anything after that then I'd have to pay for another night.
Needless to say I cancelled and went to a far better hotel.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank grubbytech
Reviewed September 10, 2017

On the day of arrival, we were called twice to check what time we'd be arriving. Once we arrived, a welcoming young man invited us in. He check us in and the rooms were paid for up-front. However, the singing in slip with all out contact details were left in the lounge and we were lucky to spot it later that day!

The rooms (we had two doubles) were very different. One in the rear of the B&B (2) and one in the front (7). Neither are accessible for anyone who can not access stairs! The smaller of the rooms was not worth the money paid. There is damage on the wall from damp, there is nowhere accessible to hang clothes, the tap at the sink was not properly attached and the shower was dirty. The kettle was using the bedside lamp socket and not the best thing to have on a bedside table! There was a tub chair that only had three legs, but the room was not large enough to fit in the two chairs present.

The larger room was nicer looking and the chairs had all their legs! However, there was still a lot of fluffy dust, about half an inch thick and the bathroom was in need of a scrub. The view was great from this room though, overlooking the square and the sea. There was also a towel rack to dry the towels on. (Unlike in Rm 2) The curtains in both rooms are very flimsy and so the rooms were light at the crack of dawn and due to the nature of the old building, all floors creaked and so you can hear neighbours moving about, the doors have to be slammed to be closed and even snores from other rooms heard. Not a B&B for light sleepers!

The bed linen and towels were clean, but there is no mattress protectors on either bed. The tea, coffee and milk were not replenished and the mugs not cleaned. (We were there for 3 nights!) Some of the milk had gone off!

The breakfast is only served between 8-9am (8:30-9:30am on Sundays) and so the dining room can become very full very quickly. The breakfast was only spoilt by the cheap tasting sausage and the unorganised service, some days there was mushrooms, other days not and getting drink refills was hit and miss!

There is free wi-fi, but it's not of very much use as its so slow!

There isn't much choice of places to stay in Ramsgate and so this was one of the cheapest, but probably not good value for the money paid and I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay there.

Room tip: Room 4 has a balcony
Date of stay: September 2017