See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

This was the worst experience in a hotel I have ever had. On arrival the gent who checked us in was helpful and then it went downhill from there.
The corridors and stair cases were awful and the carpet had patches causing a trip hazard. The building itself could have been lovely but it was very unloved.
The door handle to the room was falling off and had to slam the door to close it.
The bathroom was dirty with no hot water and the door on the shower was hanging off. The toilet was constantly filling which would have kept us awake if we could have slept in the bed .
There was a grotty sink in the bedroom, the furniture was falling apart and was dusty as was the light shade. The carpet felt dirty under your feet so put the throw from the bed on the floor to walk on.
The TV didn’t work and there were cables everywhere and the plug sockets looked unsafe.
The bed was the worst I have slept in and dipped in the middle. The duvet cover didn’t fit which meant the duvet was hanging out of the end of the cover.
The breakfast in the morning was greasy and the tea was awful looked like the kettle needed a good clean. We stayed for 2 nights and went out for breakfast the next morning instead of eating there.
If I could have found another hotel to stay in we would have checked out about an hour after arriving.
I tried to find someone to complain to but couldn’t . I would never stay in this place again and would advise others to stay away .

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank michelleking727
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

Avoid like the plague. There was no hot water in the room or in the showroom. Very uncomfortable bed. Shared bathroom on a different floor. Fittings in the rooms were broken. Massively overpriced as well, there were no redeeming features!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

I was booked into this Hotel through Hotels.com. It was supposed to be a single room with private bathroom but today the hotel phoned to ask what time I would be arriving (don’t know why) but they also asked if I was aware it was a shared bathroom which shocked me as it was advertised as a private bathroom in the room. I cancelled the booking after reading the reviews and feeling this was false advertising to make people think they are en-suite when in actual fact it is shared. The person on the phone wasn’t very helpful and to be honest it was a lucky escape.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank amcnally
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

No towels, disgusting smelly hallways and room not decorated for at leadt 40 years. Internet didnt work. Breakfast an indulting greasy mess. Staff barely there and gad to wait 15 minutes ti be let in!! Insisted I payed on artival....need I say more.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

I booked two rooms via booking.com for my wife and myself and another couple. During the booking I asked for double rooms, not twin. Imagine my surprise when on arrival we found both rooms to be twin rooms. That was the best thing about the stay. The whole place is filthy and the smell is disgusting. The furniture, if you could call it that, was broken, dirty and covered in dust. The en suite facilities were first and full of hair from previous guests. The place looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in years. The whole place is disgusting.
In the morning we were subjected to a breakfast that quite frankly I wouldn’t have fed to my dog. Hair in the food and the coffee/tea was nothing more than dishwater.
But the real sickener was the cost. As previously mentioned, the booking was made thru booking.com. Imagine my surprise to pay £30 more per room than other guests.
The area this hell hole is in is beautiful but unfortunately every beautiful area has a blemish and The Spencer Court is a huge blemish. The owners/proprietors should be ashamed.

Trip type: Travelled with friends