“An Oasis Of Quality In A Sea Of Tat”

The Daily Grind Cafe
Ranked #1 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Ramsgate
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Family run cafe, serving fresh made to order sandwiches rolls baguettes jacket potatoes and much more. We have an area to relax on comfy chairs, and outside seating. Our coffee according to our customers is " Delicious " we also serve loose leaf Tea by the pot infused to your taste.
Reviewed November 5, 2018

I started using the Daily Grind about a year ago after the seafront café I used started getting up themselves and started charging extra for butter instead of margarine.

I went in to try out this place in the hopes it might be better than my normal place and I had already tried 3-4 other places within walking distance that were absolute tat.

Straight away I was greeted warmly by all the staff and had a full English that was completely lush and great value for money, also the service was top notch.

This place is not a café,its not a restaurant and its not a coffee house, It is however a gentle blend of all three.

The service is five star, the food is five star the decoration is clean and smart but mellow.

The Daily Grind was owned by a lovely lady called Sue who sold it recently but still works there part time,the new owners are Lauren & Mark and none of the attention to service and food quality has changed nor have the prices since they purchased it

As an occasional treat I have a cake or pastry and they are out of this world and as an added bonus my vegan friends (Yes I have more than one) can join me to eat as their requirements are amply met as well.

As Ramsgate is filled with eatery's of every possible description 99% of which are crap
with badly cooked food at inflated price and no value for money, it is an absolute joy to find this little oasis of quality and service

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Companion48198014430
steve c, Catering assistant at The Daily Grind Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2018

Thank you for your very kind review!! I think my wife sue remembers you from last year!! We have sold the cafe now but due still works there part time and sue is answering your review!! We look forward to serving you again in the future

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

I visited the daily grind cafe today and had a very warm welcome.. staff are lovely and food is grate.. this is most definitely a place ill be returning to.

Date of visit: October 2018
3  Thank MissWheeler84

Thank you for your very kind review!! We look forward to serving you again in the future

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely full english breakfast, it was cooked lovely, staff are always friendly and polite nothing is too much trouble for the ladies
Good prices and all freshly cooked
Great place and i always tell my friends to go there

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank Stevieholmes2407
steve c, Owner at The Daily Grind Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2018

Thank you for your very lovely review!! We are really happy that you enjoyed your breakfast! We look forward to serving you again in the future

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Was looking for somewhere with good reviews in Ramsgate to have breakfast and fortunately went to this cafe. Welcoming, friendly & comfortable. The owners gave the impression that it wasn’t just a business to them, they enjoyed the whole business of giving people good food, how they wanted it done. Even asking another customer if she wanted the crumpets well done. Our breakfasts were delicious and fortunately I was tempted by the coffee walnut cake to take for an afternoon treat. Love the decor. Loved the friendly & personal service. Looking forward to a return visit.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank CaroleCAT

Thank you for a lovely review!! We are really happy you enjoyed our cafe!! We look forward to serving you in the near future

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Food is great lovely place.has to be the best place in ramsgate for sure been to other cafes and this is far the best

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank REECE2010

Thank you for your very kind words and we look forward to serving you again in the future