Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Trip to the deep

My son is only 7 and loved it. It was really interesting and very educational for him. You can go... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
johnperrott180
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
via mobile
Took my 2 year old grandson

I have been to the Deep twice now , once with my older children and the last time with my 2 year... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
kerryeibhlin
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
via mobile

4,185 results
All reviews fish sea life main tank large tank bubble lift penguin enclosure an aquarium annual pass gift aid soft play area picnic area all ages interactive displays school holidays car park family ticket half term
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We visited over the bank holiday weekend as something to do while it was raining. We havnt been to the deep for a number of years so thought it might be worth re visiting. We had to que for quite some time as it was busy but well worth the wait. We spent about 2 hours walking around we could of spent longer but the kids where getting a bit fed up of waiting all the time to see into the different tanks due to the volume of people. Its very good that you can return for a year on the day pass plus tickets so well worth the money.

Date of experience: April 2018
TheDeep-HU14DP, Public Relations Manager at The Deep, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Hi Rich,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We look forward to 'sea-ing' you again soon!

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Me and my family love visiting here. My children can roam happily, and they really enjoy finding sharks (if you are unfortunate enough to have heard 'baby shark' you will know why) the year pass makes it all worth while, giving us something to do on a low budget or on rainy days. We also love the penguins, because who doesn't?

Date of experience: March 2018

Hi Rose,
It's great to hear that you all enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Visited here on bank holiday Monday. We had pre booked our tickets online but still had to wait 45 minutes outside in the rail until we could go in. The car park was packed but was only £3 for a full day. But in the Deep itself there is not much there to see. A massive tank with a few turtles, sharks and sting ray centre the building and each floor has walls with information/ other smaller aquatic animals with a different viewing point of that one large tank. The prnguin enclosure was quite small and the viewing window was tiny so when they got round to feeding there was no talk and couldn’t see anything as the tiny window was crammed full of people. Was not worth the money but on the plus side we are aware of the fantastic work that the deep do with the environment and animals that at least the money is going towards something bigger. The Deep itswlf as aquarium is definitely not worth it, I visited the sea life centre in Scarborough last year and found it much more superior. Would not recommend.

Date of experience: April 2018
TheDeep-HU14DP, Public Relations Manager at The Deep, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Hi Josh, Thanks you for taking the time to leave your feedback. The Deep has over 5200 animals housed in 52 tanks across 10 zones including invertebrates and amphibians. There are 300 species in residence, including several kinds of shark and ray. We're sorry that you felt this was not have been enough to enjoy.
Kind regards, The Deep Crew

Reviewed April 3, 2018

I have been to The Deep several times whilst visiting family in Hull.
Its always a great day out, but is very popular due to the annual pass scheme.
You start at the top of the building and work your way down past all the attractions, information boards, tanks, helpful staff give educational talks and you can also see the Penquin's being fed, on my last visit i was lucky enough to get to touch a star fish.
once at the bottom the lift which is built into the side of the shark tank and stops halfway to give you a change to view them close up.
The cafe is on the top floor serving reasonable priced drinks and snacks and meals.
A great day out for all the family.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank traceyjaynewilson

Hi Tracey, Thank you for leaving you lovely feedback! We're really pleased you all enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed April 2, 2018

We decided to come here on bank holiday Monday. Probably not a good idea. It was quite busy and the weather was awful. As mentioned before the queue does go outside, so when the weather is horrible, you’ve got to stand in it. There is a bit of cover. There’s not much parking but there were people outside helping us find a space which was helpful. £3 for the day seemed ok.

So we got to the desk and they took our photo which I was uncomfortable with. From a bit of research on here I’ve found out it’s for the annual pass. I feel it’s a bit pathetic and everywhere else I’ve been that offers this annual entry hasn’t done in. Maybe I just don’t want my ugly mug on some database. You’re not even asked permission, even with children’s pictures taken.

When we got in the place itself is amazing. Very busy but if you’re patient you can get a decent look around at everything. Some really amazing creatures there. I found the staff friendly and helpful.

Didn’t use the cafe so can’t comment on that but gift shop was pretty big. Reasonably priced for a place like this. My children enjoyed it and so did I. I’d prefer to come without them next time so I can have a proper look around.

I think it’s good value and would definitely recommend coming. Only bad points are parking, queues and the photo taking at desk.

Date of experience: April 2018

Hi Bradley, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are really pleased you enjoyed the attraction once you were in the building. Please make use of your Day Plus Pass and 'bob' in and 'sea' us again soon.
Best wishes, The Deep Crew