All reviews quiet square victoria suite kippers main building pay and display lovely hotel city centre full english piping hot chain hotels single room function room sunday lunch night porter hotel is situated breakfast was excellent room was large
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Decent-sized room, very clean with a very large, comfortable bed. It wasn't what you'd call modern, but none the worse for that. Bathroom was clean and there were plentiful supplies of all the things you'd expect.
Internet was good and the breakfast served to the table, rather than a lukewarm buffet.
I'd happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the front rooms, or those above the function room!
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked to see a show at the Theartre so thought we would book into this hotel for the night and wasn’t disappointed.
All the staff were lovely and nothing was too much trouble.
Our room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable, in fact slept in.
Our full English breakfast was very tasty.
A very pleasant night and we will be back to say in November when at the Theartre again.
Keep up the good work

Room Tip: We were in room 19
Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2018

I booked a room at the Kingston Theatre Hotel so that I could attend the matinee and evening performances of the superb 'Cilla The Musical' show at the New Theatre on the other side of the square. I have never stayed in such a convenient location before.
It was fairly easy to find from Paragon Station, as there were clear traffic signs to the recently refurbished New Theatre. On arrival I was greeted warmly by the charming receptionist and, as I had booked on-line in advance, there was no tiresome paperwork to complete. I did not expect to be able to access my room before 2 p.m., but it was really great to be able to do so.
My room was on the second floor, so I took to the rather narrow stairs and entered the labyrinth of corridors with white doors dominating the scene. As is typical in a Victorian-style hotel, the floors creaked and I could hear a lot of flat feet pounding on the floor in the room above, but although it was on the small side, my room was clean and comfortable with plenty of pillows and towels.
I could actually open the window and let some air in--something which is quite rare in hotels these days. The shower was also a good size and easy to operate, but the little washbasin was squashed between the shower and the toilet and was difficult to access. It also took a long time for the water to drain out of it.
The television was of above average size and I was able to watch some of the marathon 'Strictly' show in comfort.
It was good to have coffee, water and biscuits as extras in the room.
Breakfast was served in an attractive-looking dining room with smart white table cloths and at 8 a.m. on a Sunday I was the only one in it. A managerial-sounding chap greeted me and said that the waitress would soon attend to me. I helped myself to cereal, yoghurt and orange juice and then gave my order for cooked breakfast to the very polite and efficient waitress. The bacon/sausage/tomatoes and beans were piping hot (unusual for hotel breakfasts in general) and I really enjoyed my breakfast which I concluded with a fresh bread roll and marmalade.
I then watched the 4Music channel on my room TV, but after a while the picture disintegrated and I decided to finish a newspaper crossword.
A very enjoyable overnight stay which I would really recommend, as it was very reasonably priced!

Room Tip: All rooms quiet because the hotel is in the corner of a relatively peaceful square.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank richardanderson854
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on a visit to Hull to see all hull has to offer museums art galleries churches shops and we were not disappointed the hotel was more than we expected and will gladly return just perfect the staff make this place friendly helpful we stayed Sunday and Monday Sunday was a great deal with evening meal and free parking both nights the meal was delicious and breakfast was lovely too.very clean room and lovely bathroom central to hull city centre what more do you want!! Thank you we really enjoyed our stay Joan& mike

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2018

nice place (very very close to the city center), nice staff (we asked for a baby cot and no problem at all), nice dinner (there is a restaurant in the hotel).... and the room was so comfortable and very clean; very raccomended hotel

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family