All reviews limited parking city centre railway station bar area great value for money would stay again kettle
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed where we spent over £100 for 2 nights with breakfast, we arrived at the door where it smelt like cigarettes and alcohol where it lead to reception where we got our keys. We went to our room where it was damp, had mould growing on the walls. We had no cold running water in the sink where we had to use hot water to brush our teeth. The toilet seat was falling off and the room was dirty. My partner went back down to complain where he said he couldn’t do anything due to the manager wasn’t there and he had no other rooms available and his excuse was that we were central and it’s a cheap price as he couldn’t help we decided to leave it. We had to use 2 heaters to warm up the room, the bathroom door didn’t even fit so we couldn’t shut the door. We paid an extra £20 for 2 days for a buffet breakfast as we went to the breakfast room a women fetched out a breakfast to us with 1 ration of bacon, 1 egg, 2 sausages beans and tomatoes, there wasn’t a buffet and the food quality was terrible. We had trouble starting the shower so we called down and a member of staff came he came in and turned it on and walked out he didn’t even speak to us or tell us what to do. The parking is terrible as there is less than 10 spaces as we struggled to park we parked behind another car as our details was on the car so if they needed us to move the could call us. At 3 o’clock in the morning we had a phone call from the manager asking us to move the car so my partner went down and moved the car and as he went out the manager saw his window had been smashed and accused my partner and started to take photos of him and his car. The manager was so rude shouting and taking photos saying he was going to check the CCTV. He went back in to the hotel checked the CCTV and saw it wasn’t my partner he didn’t even apologise. We will never come back to this place as it was disgusting and we will be pushing for a refund.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chelsea L
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night booked a suite, room was a good size, nice and clean with coffee making facilities. Nice big bathroom with a Jacuzzi, down side was the water was luke warm. Hotel is next to train stn plus Wetherspoons pub minute walk away.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

When I got to this hotel I was turned away after traveling for hours by a very rude obnoxious receptionist who is lucky to have a job with his attitude was told I did not meet there dress code there is no mention of dress code on there website I have never had this issue before have stayed in a lot nicer hotels with no problems

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2018

I arrived with no great hopes for anything special and I guess that’s what I got. It’s a budget hotel, my single cost less than £30, but my bedroom was a fair size, good tv and tea and coffee making facilities, quiet and a comfortable bed.
The bathroom was a bit shabby but the shower worked fine.
All in all good value with no nasty surprises!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed February 3, 2018

Very cheap hotel so you think...don't expect a lot. But some things I do expect from any hotel are:
1. a good mattress - our bed was so uncomfortable and me and my boyfriend both woke up early with terrible back ache
2. double glazing - the windows were awful and at 3am you could hear all the nightlife brawls and arguments on the streets
3. a hot and cold tap - the hot tap was hot and the cold tap was very warm
4. a bar with an honest barman - this barman thought he could get away with short changing us, and then admitted to it
I would never stay here again, upgrade to a premier inn!! at least you know what you're getting there

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple