All reviews limited parking city centre railway station bar area great value for money would stay again kettle
Reviewed July 14, 2018

My partner and i stayed Saturday night and i was quite impressed for how much we had paid.We went early to book in due to them not having a big car park ,The staff were really friendly and helpful.We didn't eat in the hotel we went to the Chinese just round the corner,and went to whetherspoons for breakfast, you can pre book breakfast and get it cheaper in the hotel if you book it when you are booking in,but we did not know if we would feel up to it next morning.We booked a room at the back,which was quieter.If i wanted to pick fault one of the drawers was broken and there was a crack in the washbasin and the bath made a funny noise when you let the water out of the sink.But it had an hair dryer tea and coffee facilities television ,clean white bedding and towels ,and for one night it is good value

Room Tip: we were in room 226
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yorkshire9999
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

We had a family room for the 3 of us lads. Shower was hot. Room was clean. TV worked. Don't really need anything else when you're stopping out of town. The only thing that's terrible is the music in the lift.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Staying at the gilson for work, been staying here the past 6 weeks and it’s fantastic. Definitely worth the money, and competitive prices. Also the receptionist jasmine, has been friendly and welcoming throughout the duration of my stay, definitely a credit to the hotel! All in all would reccommend!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Good hotel nice rooms bar is quite but nice to be in pool table just out side frendly staff and highly recommend for few night stay for even longer had excellent time here and hotel low price as well so affordable for cheap nights and breakfast is cheap if u pay for as u check in food is good and well worth money breakfast is nice and would recommend it to any one who want good fry up in moring

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on 6/5/18 and checked out on the 7/5/18. There was urine marks on the bath panel. No cold water for drinks as was really hot in room, had to walk to reception at 4am to ask for water to be given a warm bottle. Checkout was fine, but later realised I had left my phone charger to be then told I can’t have it back until I pay £100 fine for smoking in my room I don’t even smoke then he told he will authorise it to be taken from my card. Asked to speak to manager no luck as was on holiday. I waited for charger to be told he had rang the police which I was happy about no police came. Phone charger given back. Left details to be contacted about the dispute still not heard anything also emailed. Also never signed a hotel policy! Staff need retraining!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo