All reviews visiting family stayed here pub rooms hull
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Clean rooms, friendly staff but without hot water for one night and the room was not cleaned or bed made up during the three night stay. Typical pub food with a reasonable selection. Food service was very quick each night.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Stayed for 2 seperate weeks and will they will be the first people I phone if I need to stay over in Hull again. Staff very friendly and helpfull, beer was very good and the food was well cooked and very tasty, you have to have the extra large fish and chips if you stay or visit.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

This place is lovely and the people who work there are even better. We stayed for the weekend as we saw ELO. Rob left a note in our room with details about transport which I thought was a brilliant touch (I'd like to apologise for the untidiness of the room, I read a review which stated rooms weren't touched until you check out which is a lie. Had I known, it would have been tidier!) Milk, coffee, mugs are all refreshed along with beds made etc. Rooms are basic and clean, I think a toothbrush holder/pot in the bathroom would be a good thing to add. Beds are really comfortable, I booked a triple room and didn't realise there would be three single beds (absolutely my fault, I didn't read the descriptions properly) so me and my boyfriend slept separately, which probably factored in having such good night sleeps but he's now talking about buying a single bed so thanks haha! It is a little noisy at night but you're staying above a pub so you can't expect anything less and the music that is played loudly are absolute classics so you can't complain about it! We ate here after we arrived and the food was good, disappointed as we didn't eat there again due to not being around at dinner times. I love the rooftop space for people staying too! Overall, just loved the relaxed atmosphere, friendly people and value for money!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2017

I needed somewhere good value to stay, as I was visiting friends who are students nearby and I don't have a job currently. The price I paid was excellent, Lydia and all the staff were really friendly and helpful - they got the balance just right, they were around if you needed them at all, but they were never intrusive at all. I can't recommend this place enough. There's a bus stop really close by, too, with regular services going directly to the interchange.

Room Tip: There's a nice patio on one side of the building.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Rob C, Owner at The Cross Keys Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2017

Thanks for the review, really pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon...Rob

Reviewed June 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with 3 friends for radio one big weekend, we were allowed to check in early as the owner was aware we wanted to get to the festival as early as possible on the Saturday.
Our rooms were spotless, and we had been placed in rooms next to each other. The owner was really friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. Had a brilliant weekend.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Rob C, Owner at The Cross Keys Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2017

Pleased you enjoyed your stay hope to see you again soon
Rob