“Great Sushi”
Review of Wabi Sabi

Wabi Sabi
Ranked #46 of 128 Restaurants in Ambleside
Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

The lighting and decor didn't put us at ease, however as soon as the wasabi was ground fresh at the table we knew the food was going to be great. It didn't disappoint. Lovely and beautifully presented dishes. I've seen a wider menu range in other sushi bars, but the quality here is high.

1  Thank topcat1978

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is a little gem in Ambleside. We love Japanese food and saw the restaurant and knew we had to try it. Firstly, the waitress was warm welcoming and so hospitable. She took time to explain the dishes and ingredients as well as ensuring we were happy with what we had.

The restaurant itself is a cosy place, intimate for couples and friends alike. The wooden decor is simple but very effective.

For our lunch we have two types of sushi which were stunning and beautifully presented. The waitress also delicately prepared fresh wasabi and took time to explain the different ingredients on the plate. The taste was amazing. So delicious and fresh. For mains we had pork ramen and the duck ramen. The meats for both were cooked to perfection, with the duck falling off the bone and the pork falling apart. The stock itself was something I could drink everyday. It was so deep in flavour and completed the dish wonderfully.

This was a chance spotting when we were visiting and I would urge anyone who enjoys fresh, delicious food alongside fantastic service and setting to try this restaurant and give it the business it deserves. A true lake district treat.

1  Thank Anna R
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

I am a massive fan of sushi but usually only frequent the chain restaurants really. We were staying in Grasmere for our honeymoon and drove past Wabi Sabi on the way through Ambleside one day. We couldn't find much internet presence for it except a few reviews saying how lovely and authentic it was. We decided to give it a go and were not disappointed. This meal felt like a genuine cultural experience. The food was beautiful and delicious. The waitress, or front of house more property I think, was lovely and charming and knowledgable and grated wasabi for us at the table and told us lots about what we were eating. We live no where near here but if we did we'd be in here every other week!

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

This amazing little restaurant has a great, relaxed atmosphere. I had the sushi platter which was absolutely delicious, and at £15 was great value. The service, including fresh wasabi being carefully grated at your table made the whole thing a lovely experience. I'll definitely be returning to try the ramen!

Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

I've been coming to Ambleside for years and this is one of the best meals I have had. The joy of seeing our wasabi freshly grated in front of us. The quality of the sushi was incredible. The flavour in my ramen was also a revelation, normally the vegetarian stock is a wash out, the shiitake mushroom soup base was delicious. My only disappointment is that it is so far from Kent. If I lived here I was go often