“What a view”
Review of Jenkin Crag

Ranked #5 of 51 things to do in Ambleside
Reviewed May 21, 2015

Fantastic View over the lake and a good anchor point to abseil down . great couple of hours. Nice steady walk up to the Cragg on proper paths and roads . Also sets you on your way to the fells

All reviews
"bridle"
"route"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed May 19, 2015

Living a relatively short distance away from Jenkin Crag we are able to walk up on a somewhat regular basis. It's a bit of a steep climb from the Ambleside direction but so well worth it for the stunning view over Windermere.

Reviewed May 18, 2015

Passing by the crag, on our walk back to Ambleside, we stopped for the view - very nice and worth the stop, but not one of the greatest in the Lake District.

Reviewed May 5, 2015

I found this walk only as I wanted something to fill time while I was working without taking too long.

Took the long way up as I went down the wrong path a few times but it was a great view from the top and I didn't see anyone in the woods as the weather wasn't great.

Not too hard but take care as it can be steep and the path was rocky and slippy.