Review Highlights
Great views

Brilliant walk up to Jenkins crag, brilliant views, pleasant walk up hill. Take water with you ,you... read more

Reviewed July 26, 2018
bigbum0204
bigbum0204
Nice views of Lake Windermere

Jenkin Crag is on a lovely walk between Ambleside and Troutbeck and is highly recommended. The... read more

Reviewed July 20, 2018
robinhenshaw
Rochdale, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Ambleside
from US$40.60
from US$86.61
from US$52.78
More Info
All reviews wansfell pike lovely walk feeling energetic steep walk fantastic views circular route up hill lake district trout viewpoint jennings windermere woods track bridle trees underfoot
Reviewed May 19, 2015

Living a relatively short distance away from Jenkin Crag we are able to walk up on a somewhat regular basis. It's a bit of a steep climb from the Ambleside direction but so well worth it for the stunning view over Windermere.

Reviewed May 18, 2015

Passing by the crag, on our walk back to Ambleside, we stopped for the view - very nice and worth the stop, but not one of the greatest in the Lake District.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed May 5, 2015

I found this walk only as I wanted something to fill time while I was working without taking too long.

Took the long way up as I went down the wrong path a few times but it was a great view from the top and I didn't see anyone in the woods as the weather wasn't great.

Not too hard but take care as it can be steep and the path was rocky and slippy.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed May 4, 2015

Please read my comments in relation to the gallery which I initially confused with the Gallery which we did not visit

Date of experience: April 2015
1  Thank DCM1a
Reviewed May 1, 2015

We wanted to go have a look based on recommendation from the National Trust and this spot does not disappoint. It is absolutely stunning. Gorgeous view of the lake and the valley down below.
you can hike there or drive (car park free for National trust member). there are also loads of hiking trails.

Date of experience: April 2015