“Not bad food”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2018

I've not been to this pub for years so a friend and I called in to see how it had changed. The service was friendly. We ordered food and it came quickly.

The mango and brie bites are a fabulous starter - really good. I then had the seabass and it was tasty.

However during the meal we asked if we could order some more drinks, we were told to go to the bar. Now I have never been told in the middle of eating a meal to go and get my own drinks - especially when we have a 'tab' running for our meals. The friend I was with has many years service working in hospitality and she was dumbstruck! I'm not sure if this is their permanent policy or the action of inexperienced staff but it was a little odd.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Kazza9173

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Definitely not a dog-friendly pub. The older bar lady was very rude to me and wouldn’t let us sit anywhere with the dog despite me specifically calling up prior to visiting to check that they were a dog-friendly pub. Didn’t feel welcome at all and will never go back. Don’t bother if you have a dog.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in The Punch Bowl for a couple of nights the room was great very comfy bed, Breakfast was really great wide variety. Dave the owner and Chris the manager are great guys really friendly and helpful. Had dinner a couple of night and that was superb reasonable price and great food. Would highly recommend a staying and having something to eat here.

Ps the Mint Cake Vodka is really nice highly recommend it.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely meal we both had lasagne perfectly cooked and presented will be back again also very reasonable

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

We called in while travelling past as we were very hungry and fancied a Sunday dinner. It seemed a good price as it said locally sourced however we were very disappointed. The Yorkshire puddings were frozen bought in ones, there was no mash, the gravy was watery and meat overcooked, the veg was also bought in and arrived cold.
The place was cosy and all the tables were reserved so I guess it gets busy with locals. Plenty of events on and good place for a drink.

Date of visit: April 2018