All reviews bridal suite derwent room high standard owners martin jacuzzi bath no expense spared short minute walk bose sound system fabulous accommodation dvd player large flat screen tv beautiful property recent floods hosts were lovely fixtures and fittings breakfast was delicious off road parking
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a 3 night stay in this fabulous B&B although I hate to call it that as felt more like a boutique hotel. Immaculate room, food and delightful hosts. Ideal location too. Would definitely recommend a visit. Had a quick peek at the bridal suite which is fantastic. Hope to return again very soon .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deborah D
Reviewed March 30, 2018

A long time fan of the lake district, I have just experienced a fantastic stay at the Riverside Escape. The Riverside Escape is a fantastic product of determination against some of the most challenging circumstances. Having experienced one flood after another, sheer will to succeed is only matched by amazing skills married with innovative taste to create a truly magnificent holiday location. Our bridal suite was outstanding with just about every facility imaginable inclusive of a walk in sauna directly from the shower, Jacuzzi bath with its own tv and every feature of the room was top quality.
To add to all of the above, the friendly professional service made for a perfect holiday retreat. With further plans in store by the owners Martin and Jana, the Riverside Escape is a must for those visiting the lakes. I'd recommend this guest house to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2018

After staying here last night I am so sad that, due to other commitments, we couldn't have stayed longer. The best bed and breakfast that we have ever stayed in. The most wonderful welcome from our hosts Martin and Jana and if I said our room was to die for it would be an understatement. We had the Bridal Suite and it is stunning - down to every last detail, fabulous shower, sauna, Jacuzzi, in bath t.v. (I mean come on) in room sound system, beautiful comfortable massive bed, fabulous bed linen, fluffy towels - you get the picture? Breakfast was amazing served in the beautiful dining room served with fresh eggs from their own chickens.

The house has been restored by Martin's fair hand and despite the trauma of the floods that almost destroyed the town, and almost nearly Riverside Escape, he has rebuilt the house with so much passion its palpable.

I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone - and I don't say that lightly because one persons paradise is another persons hell, but not in this case. Can't wait to get back. Great prices too for luxury in my opinion.

Oh and did I say it has onsite parking, an absolute premium in a town like Keswick!

Great job guys, you should be so proud of yourselves. I hope you get that bottle of champagne soon. Best wishes to you all!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed three nights in the clean, modern and spacious self catering apartment. Couldn’t find fault with anything, well equipped kitchen, lovely bedding and great power shower. A bonus was being able to park outside. Only five minutes walk into Keswick town and to lots of cafes, pubs and restaurants but can really recommend The Pheasant pub just up the road, exceptional food. Martin was an excellent host, Thank you.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2018

Stopped here for a two night break as part of our golden wedding celebrations. Stayed in the bridal suite. This was a truly beautiful suite ,immaculately clean with superb facilities including a spa bath and jacuzzi. A large screen tv with a great sound system for in room entertainment was excellent. Car parking is provided and a short stroll takes you to the town and on to Derwent Water.A great breakfast was served each morning to order in a lovely dining area. The hosts were most welcoming and extremely helpful.
This is one of the best stays we have had and we hope to return later this year.

Room Tip: Bridal suite is comfortable and very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple