“Pleasant Indian meal. More than I could eat. ”
Review of Lakeland Spice

Lakeland Spice
Ranked #102 of 156 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 25, 2014 via mobile

Went for the Banquet option at £14 per head.
Poppadoms + starter+main course with rice or naan + coffee and mints.
Enjoyable evening good food cooked nicely in pleasant surroundings with attentive and helpful staff.
Lamb kebab starter came with small salad and was delicious.
Was able to have biryani even though not on set menu for deal price.
Sadly no mango juice available but a J2O was.
Would go again when in Keswick.

Reviewed November 23, 2014 via mobile

Just very poor.

We got a takeaway from this place, I picked it up and was glad we didn't eat in as it was a poor atmosphere inside, the decor looks like an old pub has been repainted bold and garishly.

This curry house is what I call a 'end of night' curry house... It's the type that if I want decent Indian food or good atmosphere I avoid. I think the majority of the customers however have been drinking and don't care.

It is what I can only describe as indian takeaway for the Brits.

There's not an authentic feel or taste to the curries.

The 'pilau rice' isn't pilau rice, it's that white rice that looks like bits of it has been attacked by pink & green food colouring.

There's a lot of tandoori options on the menu so expect lots of bright red food.

My curry was alright but not worth it's price (over £10!) my biggest issue was the chicken tasted like plain chicken that had been added to a curry sauce, not some that had been cooked in spices, it just hadn't taken on any flavour of the spices/sauce.

We got 3 curries, 2 side dishes, 3 portions of rice (my expensive curry didn't include rice) and 2 naan breads. I wouldn't expect this to cost in the region of £60.

If you want takeaway indian food, i would strongly suggest getting one from the booths supermarket round the corner.

I will be doing next time.

1  Thank Sam M
Reviewed November 15, 2014 via mobile

Booked for 15 for us. The service was absolutely spot on and we got our food and drinks really quickly. The staff were very attentive and polite. The food was great and everyone left very happy. Not sure where others have been eating but not overpriced at all.

2  Thank Ledbury123
Reviewed November 14, 2014

Visited here tonight, bit put off by previous reviews but felt we must try. Not disappointed! Food was lovely and plentiful, staff efficient and friendly. I am a curryholic and would deffo go
back!!

4  Thank blueblueLancashire
Reviewed November 3, 2014

I'm surprised by other less than favourable reviews. We visited here about 2 weeks ago on a busy Saturday evening. We had a very enjoyable meal.
We picked a chicken tikka Balti with garlic naan and a chicken rogan josh with pilau rice. Both dishes were very good and the portions were generous with plenty of meat. The curries were tasty with lots of subtle spice flavours and not overpoweringly hot.
We started with a couple of pappadums and dips and had a bottle of cider each.
Total bill was £38 which is more than a take away price but the food was good and service efficient & friendly.
Would go again.