“great take away option - friendly service”
Review of Lakeland Spice

Lakeland Spice
Ranked #103 of 156 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 26, 2016

We decided to have a take away, and Lakeland Spice was a great choice. We had tikka marsala, a spicy madras and a very spicy jalfrezi. I am confused that some punters have said the food was not spicy. It had enough heat to please. We asked for a special dish that the restaurant was more than happy to cook for us. Says a lot about the staff at the front and their willingness to help, but also the skills of the chefs. Nicely done chaps, we will be back.

Reviewed August 24, 2016

We have always used this curry house to eat in and to take away....it used to be one of the best curry houses in Lakeland but now I doubt it's in the top 10... The food tends to be bland nowadays lacking not only spice but salt which is essential in curries...the onion bhajee's from our last takeaway last week were the worst we have ever had from here...which is disappointing as they used to be beautiful...the biryani which is my usual dish from most Indians was mediocre at best..my partners lamb tikka jalfrezi was nice but had a lot of large chunks of onion...the nan breads were very good and the papadoms were fresh but we only received 2 when we requested 4 plus a pickle tray...we didn't receive any lime pickle so it wasn't a pickle tray...salad and diced onions were fresh....so for the cost it was average at best and that's being generous...hopefully next time we fancy a curry from our local curry house it will be better...always good service though...

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Despite the quite cramped environment the service and food was really good. There wasn't much of a wait from ordering to eating, and the vegetable dansak had a good heat to it. Both of us had a starter and main, with a shared rice and naan, and a side dish. With two beers and a soft drink it came to £45 which I don't think is at all bad in a tourist trap like Keswick. There didn't seem to be any desserts on offer which is a shame, and no offer of coffee. I wonder why??

The staff were polite and efficient without being over familiar which is exactly how I like it. Having read other reviews I might have been put off trying it, but I'm glad we went and I would go again when staying in Keswick. Perhaps this place is a little hit or miss.

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised to find an Indian restaurant at this place. Very nice food n ambience though. The staff were very helpful as well.

Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend went here last night looking forward to a decent curry. We were thoroughly disappointed. After turning up asking for a table for 2, we were told to sit and wait even though there was a table right in front of us for 2 people. Then we were approached by the same man, asking if we wanted a table or a takeaway. Anyway, after being left for abut 10 mins with no apology for offer of drinks we were led to a table behind the table for 2 by a girl who didn't seem to know what day it was.
Sat down and looked at the menu and it's the most expensive Indian I have ever eaten at! The service was rubbish and they all seemed to have an attitude and didn't want us to be there. The meals were very bland. The meat hadn't been cooked in the sauce and both had no flavor at all. The nan bread was disgusting and very chewy. All of the staff were rude and we felt rushed. My boyfriend was still eating his last mouthful and they came and whipped the plates from under us! No offer of any more driks/desserts etc. I just asked for the bill and we paid and left, with no goodbye or anything. And the table for 2 that we could have sat at without waiting was still free! I come to Keswick regular and would never return here. Very expensive and very poor food.

1  Thank Tr4vel_guru_89