“Just fabulous”

Ranked #55 of 157 Restaurants in Keswick
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Friendly staff in a busy café serving delicious food. Coffee is excellent, scones are enormous and tasty. Cakes yummy. Visited here twice in a week.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Good place to grab a quick breakfast. Nice to sit outside and watch the world go by. We always go for no nonsense bacon and eggs on toast. Nice coffee.

They also do comically large sausage rolls which are 85% sausage meat and first class.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

We randomly walked in to get sandwiches for our hike. I picked the bacon, brie, with red onion marmalade and it was warmed up. Since it took so long to get to our hike, I decided to eat it while driving. The melted brie and the quality pieces of bacon were so memorable, that I was sad I was driving and not giving this sandwich my full attention. So the next day I went back and ordered the same thing and ate it at the apt. It was still very good, but the first day sandwich had everything proportionally spaced out and the brie was melted just right. Either way, it was one of the most amazing things I ate in Keswick!

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

This place had been recommended a few times so when I finally went I was a little disappointed. Turned up around 3:30 or so, which I guess was probably close to closing time. We were the only customers in there but the reception we got was that we were more of an inconvenience than anything. It may have been that’s just how the staff are, that it was late in the day and they were hoping to close early or that the particular staff members there were just having a bad day but still, it wasn’t quite the reception I expected.

Ordered a couple of the seasonal hot chocolates which were really tasty and were just the sort of thing needed after a long walk! I’d definitely recommend these but perhaps to takeaway instead as me and my partner just weren’t made to feel overly welcome.

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

We decided to have lunch at Laura's as they looked to do a decent vegetarian selection, and so glad we did! The premises may be a little tight inside, but that's more than made up for by the food. My wife (the vegetarian) had quiche and a half jacket which she said was very tasty. I had chorizo and red pepper soup and a sandwich, the soup was lovely and the accompanying sandwich was worth the price on its own, fabulous value at less than £13 for both. You can easily pay that for one meal in Keswick and not get as nice food. Will be our go to lunch location for future visits, just lovely.