“Whinfell Centerparcs”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penrith
Center Parcs Whinfell Forest
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Whinfell Centerparcs”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We have just come back from a holiday at Centerparcs in Cumbria - two families of 4. We were close to the center - Fell View. We did the Executive Woodland detached accommodation suitable for 8 people or two families of four. It was excellent and had everything we needed. The onsite staff were excellent when our DVD did not work properly, they were out within an hour to replace it with a new one. The site was fantastic and had all the facilities one could wish for. I'd recommend the Aqua Sana for a day to get away from it all! Everything was so relaxing, thoroughly enjoyable and healthy for us all. The kids got lots of exercise - walking, cycling and swimming - those are all free!! The site is geared at all age groups and so I would, without hesitation, highly recommend it.

Room Tip: If you have small children i.e. 0-4 years of age, try and get yourself close the village centre othe...
1 Thank sugarbabie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,223)
Cheshire
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Our 6th year running, what can I say?
The best chilled out weekend ever. We started 6 years ago in Meadow View, and each year kinda upgraded and got nearer & nearer the village centre. This year we stay in Bilberry Wood, executive. Brand new, all rooms en-suite (one even had a jacuzzi bath- amazing) Outdoor sauna with cold shower, gas BBQ (only works in summer) Dishwasher,wine cooler, chalk board, dining table. etc etc, all top notch. Beautiful accomodation, really immaculate, maid service each day (only certain lodges get this)
We self cater (M&S meal deals usually) but ate at Bella Italia, nice but nothing spectacular. The 'Parc Market' is really well stocked, if a little pricey (1L diet coke 1.99,Sweppes tonic 1.65, bread about 1.50) but too be honest we just topped up in there, take the bulk of it yourselves if you can.
Aqua Sana amazing, but recomend booking online so you get the slots you want, same for all other activities.
Apart from walking,swimming/water world, kiddy play area , everything else is chargeable, so be prepared to splash the cash. If you are really savvy, you can take your own bikes rather than hiring.
Classes more expensive than home £7-8 for most, but great atmosphere.
Ask for any more info, I will be happy to help xx
Cant wait to book for 2013 !!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Sunderland, uk
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Stayed here Mon-Fri in January with wife and baby daughter. Had a great time in a 3 bed woodland lodge, which I booked as this was cheaper than a 2 bed - got a good deal at £220 for the week.
Apartment was modern, clean and spacious and had everything we needed.

We ate out at the pub one night - carvery was expensive but decent quality. Beer prices expensive but expected this.

My wife enjoyed an afternoon at the spa, and we had plenty of trips to the swimming pool.
Had a great time for the money we paid, and will definitely be back for a cheap week away.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jondeb2005
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I can not say a bad word about this place.. Was last here in 2010 and so many improvements made.. Starbucks and Pancake house...Brill. Was a romantic couples wkend and stayed in the new lakeside apartments.. Lovely. Spent a whole day in the Aqua Sana and i can not praise the staff highly enough.. nothing was too much trouble.. If i had any criticism it would be the rubbish in the Lake,,,but then surely thats the fault of the few that are too lazy to use the bins dotted round the Parc.. Well done Center Parcs.. Ive already booked twice for next year....I cannot disagree strongly enough with Notlaw007.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
cheshire
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This was our first visit to a Center Parc and we had a great time.
We chose one of the Lakeside lodges and were rewarded with a central location and fantastic views.
The service was superb, I reported a slow draining basin in the bathroom at 8pm hoping that it might get fixed the following day, I'm delighted to report that the plumber had been and fixed the problem within the hour!
All the staff we met smiled and said hello, I could not have expected more.
The shop is a little pricey for some items but the quality is very good.
We ate out at Hucks and my wife believes she ate the best steak ever!
The pool area was clean and well patrolled by lifeguards who appeared to care about the swimmers and were vigilant.
My only criticism was the pricing of some of the activities eg Tree Trekking, my 11 year old did the course in less than 10 mins, cost >£20!

A highlight, well we all agreed that A Hawk in the Parc gets our vote, go along, meet and feed Bob, he and his owner are great value

Room Tip: Get a Lakeside Lodge, close to everything and they have been refurbished
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Our two lads enjoyed it. However, we found it terrible apart from the spa – that was quite good.

Problems, horrible, horrible over priced food, Huks full of parents just wanting to drink beer whilst feeding their ‘children’ greasy junk food, same for the other restaurants.

As for the price £1100 for 4 nights ( plus food......) example of real prices.... £5 for two coffees at the ‘view inn’ £20 for 2 of the vilest omelettes I have ever had, £80 in Huks for a ‘meal’ for 4 – two of them being children...... I could go on but trust me the food is very very poor...... £71 for 2 at Cafe rouge.... bits of chicken on the bone £14 – could not eat it – truly horrible.

We asked for some more towels sorry no!!! ( they are not changed for 4 days!!) you need to pay £5 to rent more.............no washing machine in the lodge!!! no toilet paper – you must buy from the overpriced shop!!

I do not mind paying top price and yes, maybe I am used to better quality or even spoiled – I would never go back it’s not for me ( or anyone that appreciated quality) feels unloved, tacky and outdated and like ‘Blackpool in the woods’

I feel well and truly ‘ripped off’ forgot................ the heating did not work for half a day & the £9.99 natural logs ( an extra of course) only last a couple of hours.
Did I mention no signal or WIFI in the lodge!!!

If you want quality don’t go!

Room Tip: don't bother
8 Thank Ralph R
Clare S, Guest Relations Manager at Center Parcs Whinfell Forest, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for sharing your views.

We strive to maintain value for money, excellent food quality and friendly service in all our restaurants and I was disappointed to learn that this was not the case when you visited.

I would like to assure you that we would always wish to know if guests are unhappy with food quality or any aspect at the time so that we can address any concerns.

I would also explain that we do have healthly options available for both adults and children across most of our menus.

In line with our environmental policy towels are only changed on request. I am sorry if you were unaware and if your towels were not replaced. Toilet roll is also provided for guests arriving in every bathroom.

Following guest comments we have recently improved the wi-fi facility at all Villages but this service is via a third party provider and there are times when this may be unavailable.

Thank you very much for your feedback and I do hope that you will consider returning to Center Parcs in the future.

Kind regards

Clare Seddon
Guest Relations Manager
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We are regular visitors to Center Parc's and enjoy every visit. I liked the updating they are doing at whinfell. Would recommend anyone to go.

Room Tip: Select your villa when you book, we also do can save on a lot of walking.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penrith
10.0 km away
10.8 km away
Travelodge Penrith
Travelodge Penrith
#9 of 11 in Penrith

Been to Center Parcs Whinfell Forest? Share your experiences!