US$149
US$204
US$184
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

1863 Bar Bistro Rooms(Pooley Bridge)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$165
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$121
9,255 results
All reviewslakeside innpancake housevillage centresports plazaguest servicescafe rougeall agesexecutive lodgeseven pinesnew style woodland lodgeswimming poolhired bikesaqua sanawinter wonderlandsports barpottery paintingten pin bowling
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I took my son, his wife, and my grandchildren for a weekend in March and not a lot had changed in the twenty five years since we had been when my sons were young, which is not a bad thing. The lodge was clean, comfortable and well-equipped. The bike hire was easy and quick and the staff were very helpful with my grandson's bike too, adjusting the seat for him. The cost of bike hire is high, which may explain why there were very few bikes being used; people seemed to prefer to walk.

Although the park was full, nowhere seemed over busy. We unfortunately had the snow storms, which stopped us cycling and exploring the forest more, but there was enough to do inside to entertain the children.

My son and his wife booked the aqua sana and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I think a play park for under threes would be good and perhaps a dedicated swim area for babies.

Overall, although it works out an expensive holiday, especially if you book children's activities, it is a great place to go for an outdoor weekend away.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank NancyN_12
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I thought the staff seemed happy and hopefully this was real not a contractual obligation. It is really expensive to visit but the facilities were well maintained and the site was peaceful. We felt Cafe Rouge was not good value for money, but that doesn't reflect on the staff who were great.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank julia b
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Fab week had by two families in one 4 bed lodge. Lodges are very nice at Whinfell & have everything required for families. Site is safe, cycling around is lovely, pool is good, clean, warm water and heated floor - very nice. New showers and changing area since our last visit here - lovely. Rapids and slides great fun. Food in pool reasonable but oh my the food and drink prices in general on site are becoming obscenely expensive. I realise we're a captive audience but a fiver for a pint of lager??? We're in Cumbria not London...& I begrudge paying it there!! Been coming to Centerparcs for over 20yrs but was shocked this year at the expense. This showed with places being very quiet, for example the Sports Cafe (which was always previously packed), even though the park was almost at capacity. People are voting with their feet & self catering...us too! Ending on a positive Rajinda Pradesh was fab and all staff on site as polite as always.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank kath l
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We have visited at least once a year for the past ten years and some years up to three times. The only criticism I would have is that Centre Parcs have never offered us any kind of reward for our loyalty. But hey we love Whinfell and can’t recommend it enough.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Andy C
Reviewed April 2, 2018

I have got no complaints with the park facilities but we were treated like criminals for having an 3 year old as the 9th person in the x4 bedroom villa which allowed a maximum 8 persons plus one infant as the 9th person.

We were x3 families reuniting from different corners of england awaiting a perfect easter get together holiday at Centre parcs. Upon arrival we were told the 3 year old cannot be counted an infant and was not allowed to check in. They gave the reason that there are not enough beds for the infant and it's a health and safety issue. Really??? Health and safety?? You gotta be kidding. She doesn't even sleep on a bed and has her own cot which we carry.

In the end one of us was forced to leave the park and was told to find a hotel in the near by town Penrith and visit the park as a guest. The manager Sandra stuck to her guns and the attitude was shocking. I offered to pay extra to let us spend time together but she didn't budge. So for the next x3 nights I had to stay in a bed and breakfast 30mins away from the parc. Spending the day with the family and drive down to the B&B for the night and return the next day morning.

They spoiled the whole fun out of it. After paying a fortune for this trip I had to shell out another £300 for the B&B.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends