US$123
1863 Bar Bistro Rooms(Pooley Bridge)
US$107
US$115
US$124
US$106
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Station Hotel Bar & Restaurant(Penrith)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Restaurant
Abbey House(Penrith)
US$91
US$89
Travelocity
US$95
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

Tymparon Hall(Penrith)
US$121
US$98
US$127
Priceline
The Kings Arms Hotel(Temple Sowerby)
All reviewstown centrestayed herecoast to coast cycle routelicensed barcycled milestriple roomnew ventureowners were friendlywarm welcomefresh local producefriendly couplesecure storagebike ridetwo night staymain roadprivate parkingfull english
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights from a living social deal. The guest house is clean, in a good location, has onsite parking and the staff are friendly.

When we arrived, we were told breakfast was served 8-9am however this was continental and we would need to pay an extra £24 to have full breakfast for our stay, this wasn’t something we were aware of as the voucher states ‘breakfast’.

The shower head wasn’t on properly and water squirted out everywhere, the rooms are laid out very poor. The bedside cabinets have sharp corners which I’ve hit my head on twice - very dangerous!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Nick O, Owner at Acorn Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Thank you very much for your review. However there are a few points I would like to address. It is clearly stated on all living social/wowcher deals that breakfast is Continental only and there is the option to upgrade to full English breakfast for £6pppd if you would like. This would also have been reiterated to you when you made the booking and having checked back on our system was also confirmed to you in the confirmation email you received from ourselves. I can only apologise if this was something you had overlooked but we do endeavour to make the upgrade as visible as possible both when purchasing the deal and on booking.

I have checked the shower head in the room where you had your stay and have found no problems with it today, but had you had an issue while you were staying with us and had spoken with a member of staff we would have had the issue rectified for you. We are unable to help if we are unaware of a problem when you are staying. As for the rooms being laid out poorly, you can only comment on the room you stayed in which is a comfortable double room with all the amenities required for a short stay with us. I can only apologise that you hit your head on the bedside cabinets although you are the only person every to have made comment on this and quite frankly real wood beside cabinets will have corners however I would not consider these to be sharp corners.. The room you stayed in, is an adults only room so there is no provision made for furniture with no 'sharp corners' as there would be in one of our family rooms.

I would like to thank you for the lovely comments you made about our staff, cleanliness levels and location and can only apologise that you did not enjoy your stay more.

Kind regards,

Lauren and the Acorn Team
Acorn Guest House

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Myself and a friend/colleague stayed here for 1 night to attend a regional union meeting. We arrived on Friday afternoon and were warmly welcomed and checked in.
We had 2 rooms on the 2nd floor which were both really nice. Plenty space with brewing up facilities, lots of drawers/storage. There was also an extra heater and small foldaway table for use if required.
The bed was comfy with plenty pillows. Very clean bathroom with excellent shower.
We had a drink in the lounge and a good chat with the owners before we headed out. They were really helpful with local knowledge and recommendations.
Breakfast was really good, excellent quality produce which set us up for the day. I also really enjoyed some of the homemade raspberry jam, a very nice touch.
My friend and I both said that we would return here and certainly recommend it to anyone visiting the area. Thanks guys!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Nick O, Owner at Acorn Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Thank you very much for your review. It is lovely to hear that you both had a lovely time with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please remember to come back to us directly for the best deals!!

Thanks again,

Lauren and the Acorn Team

Reviewed August 25, 2017

Stayed here in August 2017 as a family. We arrived a bit early and spoke with the owner who kindly allowed us to leave our car on the free car park until check in time. The guest house is close to Penrith town centre (approx 10 minute walk) and much the same distance to the rail and bus station so it's an ideal location. The guest house was spotless and the staff very welcoming and friendly. We were really surprised that the owners had only taken on the guest house a few months ago, they were doing such a good job that you would never have known this. Beds really comfy and breakfast was a great variety, we chose the cooked breakfasts and enjoyed every bite. Lovely place with nice, welcoming people.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ashleyj56
Nick O, Owner at Acorn Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Thank your very much for your review. We are so glad to hear you had a lovely time. Please remember if you are ever in Penrith again, please come to us directly for the best prices! Thanks again, Lauren and the Acorn Team.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

My son and I were en route to Hadrian's Wall for a few days' walking, and stayed at the Acorn on two separate nights, going up and heading back. The Acorn is conveniently located, close to Penrith town centre (1/2 mile) and well-suited to our purpose. Rooms very comfortable, with shower or bath, tea & coffee and bottled water. Staff are very welcoming and helpful. Good English breakfast, real coffee, just the fuel for a hard day's walking...

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad you both had an enjoyable stay. If you are ever in Penrith again, please remember to come to us direct for the best prices! Thanks again, Lauren and The Acorn Team

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

We booked to stay here in October of 2016 (actual stay was august 2017) our whole party at the original time of booking had taken over this guest house and as we are all family certain arrangements were made with the owner. Now fast forward to 2 weeks prior to arrival we ring to just confirm we can have the early check in and this is where is went wrong! The guest house had been sold and none of the arrangements made with the previous owner would be honoured. Personally I found this to be disgusting and not very good business. However we were stuck as we had paid for our non-refundable room. What we arranged with the previous owner was to have a triple room, as all the family rooms had gone, and she would put up an extra bed in the room. The new owners refused this and made us book another room at an extra cost. Another family due to stay just couldn't afford the extra cost so ended up staying else where which was a great shame.

The guest house itself is nice, Easy to find, situated on a main road and opposite a petrol station. Our rooms were nice enough and the bathrooms were done to a good standard! The rooms were clean, beds comfy, they were tea & coffee making facilities and also bottled water. Cotton pads were also provided which I thought was good for us ladies that need to remove makeup.

Breakfast in the morning is served between 8-9 which I thought was quite a short space of time. There is a continental section and full cooked is made to order. The main gripe I and a few others had here was the young girl serving was walking round taking our order, walking in and out of the kitchen, to bring tea, coffee and food with no socks or shoes on and she was dressed quite inappropriately but apart from that breakfast was lovely and enjoyed by all.

Stayed: August 2017

Thank you for your review. However I would just like to address some of the points you have mentioned above; You are unfortunately incorrect with how the arrangements for your parties booking were handled. You are correct that the booking was made in October 2016 but you had in fact not booked out our entire guest house. There were errors made by you in booking (which were discussed with you at length by ourselves and then again discussed with you by booking.com who you booked your accommodation through) and there were errors made by the other member of your party who had to cancel her room. You originally booked a room for two adults and two children (aged 0 years). The room your booked was a triple room, the system allowed you to book this room as you incorrectly inputted the ages of your children who were both over six years old and would both require a bed. Unfortunately, you are also incorrect when you mention the previous owner mentioning a extra bed in the room as this was in fact me that said this may be an option depending on availability (this was when you called to check your booking, two weeks prior to arrival). Having taken your details, as you were being particularly difficult on the telephone, I began to investigate the parties booking. This is when it became apparent that you had booked a non-refundable no breakfast option room and had only paid for three people and there was four people coming in your particular party. Another member of your group had already booked and paid for the extra bed, this is why this option was not available to you. This was not something that was not honoured, it was simply not an option for your family. The reason that you had to pay for an extra room, is because you booked incorrectly and we did everything possible to rectify that issue for you, and this was explained to you in great detail several times over the evening that the issue with your booking came to light. To say that we refused to honour your booking conditions quite frankly is a down right lie, we did everything we could to accommodate all of your party. The other member of the party that you mentioned also booked incorrectly and this was explained in great detail to them also, however I will not discuss other bookings taken through the Guest House. Also, I would like to point out that at no point did you ask me about early check-in and this was actually another member of your party that asked me about this. Your party, checked in five and half hours early and were not charged for this and you also checked out nearly 45 mins late and again you were not charged for this when you should have been. This was done as a goodwill gesture and quite frankly after the trouble caused we did not need to accommodate this.
I must thank you for the nice comments about our rooms, but would like to say I would have appreciated if you had taken photos of the rooms with the beds made, and if you had asked to take pictures of the halls of the Guest House, which also contain our personal possessions!
Our breakfast is served over an adequate period of time and we have never had any complaints about the length of time breakfast is carried over. As for your comments about "the young girl" serving breakfast, this was in fact myself, the Owner of the business and I don't understand how black leggings and a black top are inappropriate to be serving breakfast! You and no member of your party made reference to any issues, in fact many members of your party complimented us on there stay and were grateful for the extra effort we put in. Also, may I point out that the children in your party (yours included) pulled out all the games provided in our downstairs lounge and left the parts scattered all over the floor and ran around the dining room all through breakfast, even though hot food and hot liquid were beings served and other guests were trying to enjoy there breakfast. We also had to clean up abandoned empty drinks bottles and crisp packets that were left strewn outside in our car park by your party.
I am not surprised by the tone of your review, or the personal insults that you have aimed at one of the owners, as you were quite clearly unhappy with having to stay here in the first place, this was obvious throughout your stay by your attitude to the owners.
I think it best to say that you and no member of your party will be welcomed back to our Guest House in the future and please note I do not say this lightly!

Kind regards,