We are regular stayers in Shire Hotels and I have to say that N.Lakes is up there with our favourites. The staff were absolutely fantastic, especially the waiting staff who went above and beyond what they needed to. The first night we had Claire to wait on us (no surname). She recognised us, despite it being over 2 months since our last stay and offered us a great table by the fire. It was quiet, which we quite enjoyed as it allowed the staff to be tentative and have time for a chat. Sue served us our wine and she was professional and excellent despite I believe being new as Claire gave her friendly guidance. The second night we were waited on by another Claire i believe, Stacy and Rene, who were all again brilliant. The service was great despite it being a busier evening and again we were recognised as having stayed before. We were the last ones out of the restaurant and despite it being 10pm, Rene still offered us tea and coffee - there was certainly no sign of urgency to rush us off and we were treated with the courteousy you would expect if it were just opening. As always, the food was unbelievable, completely stuffed to the eyeballs both evenings as we couldn't resist what there was to offer. The terrine and sticky toffee pudding were amazing what excellent and talented chefs you have! The log fire was beautiful as were the Spa Facilities. The only downfall would be the small, basic room, it needed a bit of a spruce up. I think some have been done up as we were in a larger room on our previous visit (still paying the same price). There were a few holes in the sheet and a milk jug which stayed in the corridor for about 6 hours but these were minor pitfalls, hardly anything that would spoil a weekend away. We will certainly be back but maybe when the weather is a bit better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The traditional hunting lodge style of the North Lakes Hotel & Spa, Penrith reflects the rugged beauty of the Lake District. Local stone, natural wood and open log fires create a genuine 'away from it all' environment in this exclusive 4 star resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your North Lakes Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- North Lakes Hotel And Spa
- North Lakes Penrith
- North Lakes Hotel & Spa Penrith, UK - England