We stayed for a night at the end of a road trip to Scotland. Very nicely situated and a very attractive building with lovely grounds and outdoor seating. The staff were all lovely and the public areas were smart and pleasant. Our room was large but poorly laid out. There was a large entrance lobby which served no purpose. The bathroom was large and well equipped. The beds were comfy but the headboards were loose...no good for honeymooners! Our radiator was cold before we went out so the lady downstairs said she'd ask the maintenance man to check it. When we got back the room was like a sauna and we couldn't turn it down! We called reception, someone came up but they couldn't turn it down either, but they said it went off at 9.15 anyway...we didn't use the restaurant so can't comment. Breakfast was very nice but the breakfast room was a bit small.
There was nothing really wrong with the hotel but it certainly didn't feel like a 5 star in the guest room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grade II listed Georgian Mansion overlooking the Market town of Penrith, The Roundthorn is set in its own landscaped gardens and boasts panoramic views of the Eden Valley and Lakeland Fells. All of the bedrooms are tastefully furnished with a mix of traditional and contemporary styles, and following a major refurbishment in early 2008 the cosy residents lounge and bar areas are perfect for relaxing after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Roundthorn Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roundthorn Country House Hotel Penrith
- Roundthorn Country Hotel
- Roundthorn Country House Penrith, UK - England