All reviews train station my partner would stay again dressing table full english breakfast stayed here for two nights weekend break lake windermere cooked breakfast housekeeper
Reviewed May 20, 2017

The rooms have been stylishly renovated, they have everything you need and are very comfortable.

The people in the pub were very friendly and the food was good, very big portions.

It was a bit disappointing though that they kept the domestic washer and dryer going all throughout the night, my mother and I were in the rooms next to this and it did keep my mum awake all night.

I'm aware they were struggling without a housekeeper but I think it's not very realistic to do the washing for the establishment on one domestic machine, it should've been sent to a laundry service n my opinion.

The breakfast was really nice, again struggling with lack of staff with the poor man cooking was running in and out of the kitchen to also take orders, probably could do with an extra person.

Room tip: Park at the front in 1 hour parking to check in then move car to long term car park a couple hundred metres away.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

Staff fantastic & very helpful! Tho our room not great. Bedroom blind didn't work so had to ask staff for help. Cooler heater was very loud n kept us awake all night so got no sleep! Shower was broken n if you touched it it fell down! Food was lovely!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

The refurbished room we got is quite nice! Very clean. The toilet is very modern which is a big factor for me. The bed is very good. Plenty of tea, coffee and sugar in.

The cost is £80 but worth it because it has a free breakfast! The staffs are quite helpful and the room has wifi which is a plus!

The location is very good. Plenty of restaurants nearby and near the bus/train station. Would recommend to everyone staying in Windermere.

Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

I have to say, all round it's a nice place. The beds are comfy and the food was nice (full English breakfast). But..... the guy working in the morning wasn't very professional. Left us waiting in the breakfast lounge 10 minutes before even acknowledging we were there. Then waiting longer for our breakfast, which as we were in a tad of a rush wasn't helpful.
The room we stopped in (room 3) was all around nice but had some wear and tear. The blinds on the window would not stay closed, the window in the bathroom would not open, the wall paper was coming off, there were brown stains on the radiator (who knows) but... the bed was really bloody comfy!
Also the loud extractor fan for the kitchen, or something sounding like that connected to the hotel kept on coming on through the night hours.

Also drinks... 2 strongbows coming to £10.40...... damm that's expensive.

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

Not what was expected. No parking. Man behind bar was very unhelpful. First room was awful. Nothing like the photos on hotel.com. Very dated. Needs up lifting. But in the plus side, the town is lovely. Recommend the lighthouse for food

Date of stay: April 2017