All reviewstasting menuhot tubdry iceren toiletriespre dessertmichelin starmatching winesafternoon teanespresso machinewine flightpetit foursjunior suitespecial occasiontrufflestunning viewshead cheflake district
Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

We stayed overnight at the hotel in the Windermere suite which is a gorgeous room with fantastic views. The only criticism was the heating both for the radiators and bath / shower wouldn’t heat up fully. Also a Coffee machine is provided in the room and stored in a cupboard however there’s no plugs nearby so we ended up with placing it on the floor as the lead would reach a table.
Other than that there’s plenty of space and really comfy bed.

As for the Restaurant, there’s no negatives, as overall it’s exceptional. We opted for the 7 course meal and every dish was fantastic, in fact even the h’dourves were gorgeous. The best dish in my view was the Roe deer. In addition the impeccable service from the waiting staff tops the experience off. This is a must visit again place.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

The food here is sensational. Stunning views to compliment. Presentation was sublime and the quality throughout was spectacular. Some really interesting flavours and combinations. The new decor lacked a little in atmosphere due to the solid/Materials. The wine pairing was very expensive as expensive as the taster menu and not sure it was our style. However we would go back here in a heartbeat for the food. Sublime

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2018

Luxurious hotel with well appointed room and bathroom. Lovely views of Lake Windermere from the glass fronted dining room. Walks to Troutbeck / Ambleside from behind the hotel. The staff could not do enough for you. The evening meal was very good, but for an aspiring Michelin star restaurant , in my opinion , was not to that standard. ( but Michelin star prices!) Too much going on in the plate , the cardamon ice cream was not not to my liking. Superb hotel but the food was not exceptional on our recent visit.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

Suite- clean, spacious and luxurious, stunning views.
Restaurant- evening meal was brilliant and the breakfast the next morning was the best I've ever had in a hotel.
Service- every member of staff was pleasant, helpful and welcoming.

I will definitely be returning. I loved my stay here.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

My partner brought me here to celebrate my birthday and we stayed 2 nights. Just amazing.... the standard of staff service and professionalism here is excellent, the food was outstanding and the setting is beautiful. Everybody in this hotel makes you feel completely welcome. The newish chef brings in a slightly Asian element to some dishes which I loved. The flavours were exquisite. My partner did the wine flight and said it was great too. It is good that you can have different menus if you stay 2 nights. We stayed in the room called Grasmere which has three windows at the front of the house with views of Lake Windermere. The views are spectacular and the hot tub is not to be missed! I have absolutely no suggestions for improvement. Thank you for a wonderful unforgettable weekend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple