“A nightmare to stay here.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Craig Manor Hotel

Craig Manor Hotel
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Windermere
“A nightmare to stay here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

I had reserved my bookings with family (2 adults and 2 children) a month in advance to ensure we get the desired rooms. The pics and view from the rooms were impressive till we landed and realized all this was a mirage. We had travelled all the way from Mumbai (India) and were looking forward for the vacation. The rooms were very very small and to compound our problems, we were given a room facing the road. Neither did we have a view nor the space. Intact we couldnt sleep the entire night due to frequent traffic or conversations of people walking by. There were 2 tiny beds and while one accommodated my wife and younger daughter (aged 3), the other one was used by my elder daughter (aged 8). I had no options but to use the floor for 2 nights. While I paid 225 pounds to sleep on the floor, what frustrated me is that the hotel was immune to the requirments we made. Very dissapointing, one leg of my vacatian that i would like to forget and would urge that if you are with a family, please refrain from using this hotel.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
24 Thank Mahesh D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

Staff was very helpful, room comfortable, food excellent and reasonably priced. Had a very enjoyable time there. The views were excellent and they had plenty of space to just laze about. The shower was tiny but the water pressure was terrific. We enjoyed ourselves very much.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Chesham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights. The rooms are very comfortable but the major plus is the large area for relaxation on the ground floor of the hotel, which includes a very good restaurant. We eat out for the first three nights but when we tried the restaurant for the first time we wished we had eat in every night. All staff were very friendly and welcoming. The large lounge areas made it very easy to get to know other guests

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake have much better views
2 Thank SimonE5695
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Bought a voucher from kgb deals to stay here but don't think I'd pay full price for it. First thing - you do not get a lake view as advertised!! Our room was basic but ok - the shower was excellent!! Breakfast was also very good. Just a short walk down to Lake Windermere and also a short walk to nearby Windermere. The hotel bar does not take payment by debit or credit card so be sure to have cash on you.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
13 Thank polythenegirl
Stockport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Not bad, not bad! Would say that our stay here was good! Booked a cheeky DBB here for good Friday, the room was disappointing, very small and noisy, however clean! Dinner and breakfast was lovely, and service fantastic! The downstairs of the hotel was tastefully decorated, and asked if we would stay again then the answer would be yes, but with a different room!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Melistockport
workington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Maybe I expected too much but I did pay a princely sum and I did tell them ahead of time it was a special occasion! I had paid extra for champagne to be in the room on arrival as an extra surprise for my partner's 60th birthday, but it wasn't there which meant I had to disappear to reception to ask for it, taking away the suprise element completely! Then even though it was agreed they would bring it at 6.30, by 6.45 still no sign, causing me to be pacing the room and my partner wondering what on earth was wrong! My second visit to reception revealed that they thought I meant I wanted it in the bar at 6.30 (wouldnt I have said that?) although it was nowhere to be seen in the bar.....eventually it arrived but by this time I'd had to tell my partner why I kept running off to reception, completely spoiling the surprise. The champagne came with a complimentary box of 9 chocolates but no apology.
Apart from that the hotel was very nice, the food at dinner and breakfast was excellent and the setting was nice. The lake view room which I'd paid exta for was a lot further away ffrom the waters edge than I'd expected even though I'd google mapped it when booking. The staff weren't particularly friendly and we certainly weren't made to feel special like a previous reviewer was due to staying there to celebrate a special occasion!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank cumbriangrl
clancrow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

stayed one night , found price to be reasonable , rooms comfortable, staff friendly. Used the restaurant for our evening meal, very good food and service. Atmosphere in bar was good.
Breakfast excellent., .buffet style but all warm and plenty of choice. View of lake well yes its there but a little distant! overall a pleasant stay

2 Thank clancrow