2,040 results
All reviews blue smoke leisure club lake view leisure facilities busy road hot tub building work main restaurant lake district lovely hotel steam room wedding venue from start to finish lots of choice high standard night break lounge area
Reviewed February 15, 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel in January- we were going walking in different areas around lake Windermere and this hotel was fairly central to everywhere we wanted to go. We loved our stay- the room was a good size and the bed was incredibly comfortable and breakfast was delicious and plentiful (usual continental buffet area, a cooked breakfast buffet as well as a menu with other options you could order which seemed to be prepared in good time). The staff were extremely helpful and attentive (our room was not available till 3 but we could check in early and leave our bags safely with reception). As we were walking we decided to take advantage of the health club facilities- everything was quite high-spec and extremely clean. I wanted to book a spa treatment but there was no availability for when we were there so in hindsight I think I should have called the hotel and booked this in advance. We ate dinner at the Blue Smoke restaurant which was lovely- service was great (I would ask reception to book a table as it did get quite busy). Overall a fantastic stay and we are very much looking forward to stay again!

Room Tip: Book spa treatments ahead of time
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Michelle C, Guest Relations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2018

Dear Christiane C, Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. I hope that you enjoyed your walking trips around the area. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, we have just recently gone under a refurbishment and all feedback regarding the latter is extremely useful. Your review is ever so kind-hearted and positive which makes us all at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa proud.
I am sorry to hear that you were unable to book treatments. The treatments are very popular and do need to be booked in advance. We are currently in progress of building a larger Spa center which will undoubtedly be amazing. I hope this did not lessen your experience with us.
I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you to our resort again in the future. Once again, thank you for your kind review,

Reviewed February 15, 2018

My wife, daughter and I have just stayed for a 2 night stay, the room and hotel on whole is lovely, the views from the hotel across Lake Windermere are fantastic. We ate in the hotel on the first night and the food was excellent, as was the service. My wife had a couple of treatments in the spa which she loved and we spent time in the pool and the stream room which was relaxing. The hotel is situated at the top end of the lake close to Ambleside, but still only a 5 minute drive from Bowness, therefore in a great location to visit the many places this part of the country has to offer. We will definitely will come back, maybe in the summer although it is one of them places where you can go at any time, our visit to Grasmere was memorable especially when it was snowing during our time there which seemed to make the village almost fairytale like, our daughter loved it there.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Michelle C, Guest Relations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2018

Dear Marky70, Thank you for your rewarding review regarding your recent stay with us. I am ever so happy to hear that you enjoyed our resort. Thank you for the kind words regarding our food service and the spa treatments. We are currently working on our spa department that will accommodate many new treatments and other exciting experiences. It is great that you loved the surrounding areas as well, the Lake District can indeed be very magical. I hope you will visit us again in the future. Once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

We have just arrived home after a 2 night stay for our 10th anniversary. Firstly, we were greeted by friendly staff and stunning surroundings. We were shown to our room and were greeted with a bottle of prosecco, chocolates, card and a happy anniversary balloon. The room was immaculately clean, very spacious and beautifully designed. We used the Spa facilities on both days, and like the rest of the hotel they were immaculate.

We decided to eat in the Windermere restaurant on the first night. The service was fantastic and the food was delicious. Plenty of choice, well presented and tasted divine. On the second night we booked for the Blue Smoke restaurant. When we arrive at our table it was beautifully decorated and yet another anniversary card. Again, the staff were super friendly and attentive, despite being very busy. The food was outstanding, I recommend the bricklayer steak. I am extremely fussy with steak, this was the best steak I have had.

There isn’t anything I could suggest as an improvement. We had an amazing break. I would definitely recommend Low Wood Bay to anyone who wants a stress free, stunning, friendly get away.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wrecsam123

Dear wrecsam123, Thank you for your review, and thank you for deciding to choose the Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa as your destination for you 10th anniversary. I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful time and that our team took such good care of you. I see that you dined in our two restaurants, I am glad that the experience was great in both. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to our catering team. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you to our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel and facilities!!! Loved the main lounge areas around reception and the bar. The pool and gym area is just great!! Really enjoyed my 3 night break here including a meal at the blue smoke, service was spot on.
Thing I didn't like was the room overlooking the court yard!! Ground floor and no view whatsoever!!!! Maybe that's what I paid for but I felt trapped every time I was in my room, could have curtains open as the next rooms windows where side on to me. Didn't feel right. Room 309. I think this day and age you should be able to pick the exact room you want and be able to know what kind of a view is on offer!! I reckon only the rooms facing the lake would be thrones most people would want but sadly when I tried to book they were not available. Overall beautiful hotel in a beautiful location.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear AndynMoe, Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa. It is wonderful that you enjoyed our new and improved facilities, we are currently working on more areas, such as a new spa and extra bedrooms, which will surely be great as well. It is sad to hear that you weren't completely satisfied with your room. Unfortunately our Willow rooms do not come with a lake view, and the other types that do are in high demand. I understand that there were none available at the time. I hope this did not dampen your overall experience. Once again, thank you for your kind review.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 13, 2018

we have just had a great couple of days here, the room we had was really nice and managed to get an upgrade to the Oak suite. The food was good in the bar and restaurant's, drinks options also very good and not bad prices.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Michelle C, Guest Relations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2018

Dear darinmiller, Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you had a nice time at our resort. You may be interested to know that all the feedback is relayed to our teams and directors. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again in the future.