“Over priced”

Ranked #43 of 87 things to do in Blackpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Son a big Star Trek fan. I found it a bit pricy for looking at a few costumes and pictures. The app they ask you to download to get more information only worked on one or two displays so wasn’t worth bothering. Not very accessible in a wheel chair as I had to use the entrance as the exit as well so if it had been busy I would have had to battle my way back through the whole exhibit to get out. The shop at the end was extremely over priced

1  Thank trackie47
"for sale"
"photo opportunity"
"taking photos"
in 4 reviews
"staff were very friendly"
"full price"
in 63 reviews
"props"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed March 31, 2018

The Star Trek Exhibition in Blackpool was really good and the people working there were fantastic. I must also add that despite the fact the venue was small it was worth the visit and when I had finished the tour I took the opportunity to visit the shop shortly afterwards and I talked to the staff who work there and we essentially talked about the previous exhibitions that took place in the UK not to mention the whole world.

We also talked about each others personal experiences relating to the exhibitions and it has been a while since I have been to a Star Trek Exhibition but I'm glad I went back to relive the experience and I just wish both Netflix and Paramount respectively support the local Star Trek Exhibitions not just in the UK but all around the world because I believe all organisations concerned can benefit and therefore promote the exhibitions to encourage more people to attend.

Despite the fact that even though there was not much in the exhibition at the time because of the size of the venue it was a worthwhile experience and it is better to have a reasonable amount of memorabilia than too much that can obstruct corridors but more importantly it is presented very well.

2  Thank carlharris740
Reviewed March 25, 2018

Good prices booked tickets, booked online which was great and come in time for partners birthday but not much there for not trek fans

1  Thank Shelly S
Reviewed February 28, 2018

I'd read the mixed reviews and had almost decided to give it a miss but it was a bitterly cold day outside so thought may as well give it a go.

Only good thing really was that it was slightly warmer inside than outside.

Would have been 1 star but liked reading about the different starships.

I would have had much more fun spending the £20 (cost for 2 tickets) in the arcade on the 2p shove machines (which I highly recommend).

1  Thank Jason_M_BHP
See more reviews
Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

Considering how vast the Star Trek universe is, this exhibition is extremely small. Signage outside says that Star Trek Discovery has landed, come and see the props. This is very misleading as they don't have any props from Discovery. Highlight was being able to sit in the captain's chair of the original starship Enterprise. There were a few costumes but nothing to get excited about. All in all it was a very disappointing exhibition.

1  Thank Clinton P