“Never again”

Ardwick House Hotel
Ranked #346 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Visited with my 2 small children their dad couldn't come and just as well. The room wasn't big enough for myself a 2 year old and a baby! I found the service absolutely disgraceful never have I been to a place where management or staff would stand and watch while you run up and down stairs with bags a toddler and a baby even the 4 steps down from the b&b I was offered no help at all just left to it! The bed was the worst bed I'd ever slept in It was a camp double springs everywhere and the mattress was lumpy. My two year old slept in the bottom bunk without any issues but the cot they provided for my 5 month old I wouldn't let my cat sleep in never mind my baby so he slept in the lumpy double cabin bed with me. If I had known the hotel was a smoking allowed establishment I never would of taken my children there that needs to be pointed out to anyone who books as it wasn't to me. Ok so the bathroom or the toilet cupboard as i called it was filthy it resembled a cupboard where I keep my hoover at home covered in cob webs dirty toilet just awful and another thing that needs pointing out to potential guests It was between peeing myself or leaving a toddler and a baby alone in a room so I could run downstairs and use the toilet. Following morning my son had lost his socks I bent down to look under the bed and the clumps of dust were disgusting it obviously hasn't been hoovered in quite some time! Breakfast was just ok. Good location but I will never return it cost £38 for 1 night and I'm sorry it wasn't worth that as I've stayed in B&Bs for the same amount and they have been fantastic.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last week (myself,wife and our 4yr old grandson),fantastic hotel,very clean room's and lovely friendly owner's. Breakfast was amazing with full English breakfast,cereals and infinate toast along with fresh orange juice,tea n coffee.great location to city centre. Would i stay there again?... definantly.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

The Harwick Hotel was so nice would like to go again, this stuff are so kind friendly nice and had Specht. the bedrooms was so clean very tidy everything was tied it was when we went in the hotel and into the bedroom the showers where tidy everything was tidy toilets clean inside. We would go again to the hotel. The only bad thing was well I'll tell is the bed was 2 squeaky and the room is too small. We would like the rain next Saturday bit bigger on the bed Tonight Week. Ilima commandos. I would give the vote out of 1000 stars if I had to.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

I go to Blackpool a lot and usually go on a budget. Generally you get what you pay for, little money equals dodgey digs. Well ardwick house hotel is different. I paid not mega bucks but got much more in return. Room was spot on , clean and very comfortable. Bathroom was as clean as you can get a bathroom. Breakfast was ace. Worth more than I paid. And to top it all, the owners are such lovely people. This hotel richly deserves the high marks it has on this site. Will I go again ? Try stopping me lol! I've already booked for next month.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Initially worried about staying here due to the price, arrived and greeted by sue and Steve are more than happy to do anything to make your stay enjoyable.
You get exactly what you pay for and the landlord and lady are a lovely friendly couple.
We were on the top floor which was tiring haha. But we were a mixed age group and all managed the stairs some faster than others.
Breakfast was good for the price. The hotel did the job we needed it to do.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2017

They did everything to make our stay as comfortable as possible. We where 6 adults and 4 children. We had their breakfast, It was good enough to get you going till after lunch, continantal and English. I wished I could give it a 7 star. Thanks Guys from Alex And Family from China

Room Tip: All rooms are almost the same
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at Ardwick house over 17 days and really felt at home there. Steve and Sue are great people and always up for a laugh.

Clean rooms. Even though I was staying by myself I still got a double bed which was a nice touch. Really nice showers to use. Shower gels, shampoos conditioner were in the shower and free to use.

Cracking breakfast orange juice coffee fruit yoghurts toast English breakfast and cereal.
It only cost £4.

I would recommend this b&b to anyone who was staying in Blackpool in the near future....

Zach smith