6,637 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is a super hotel, clean very comfortable large rooms with superb wet rooms.
Plenty of entertainment with a excellent indoor pool.Good selection of buffet style food quite tasty if you like tinned vegetable!!
my only fault with this hotel is that the amount of distance you have to walk to get in the lift up to your room..when we booked this accomodation I adviced the operator -- 2 disabled people with walking problems at the time and there was no mention of how far you have too walk(I also adviced that we did not have wheelchairs)
not sure If I would stay again unless as same quality room nearer to the reception building.
all in all and very good value for money.

Room Tip: ask for sea view...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Norbreck_Castle, Manager at Norbreck Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

Dear Turkey30

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Tony Banks

Reviewed June 13, 2011

On arrival, the hotel looked tatty and inside was no better. Its such a shame as this hotel would be fantastic if given a facelift. We had 4 family rooms for our group, some had been given a spruce up but others had unique decor like a punch hole type indent on the bathroom door and another had quite stained walls, probably something to do with the ash trays in the rooms. The kettle in one room had a piece lissing from the kettle lid which I found out once scorched. A good point.. the beds were clean and comfy. The clientelle was mostly very mature - a good point really as I'm nearing 40 it made me feel quite young; I bypassed the bingo. We only had breakfast but my tip would be to get there very early as I was late in once and the bacon had broken up into tiny bits and all the toast had gone, when more came out it was gone in seconds. This hotel is on group coach tours and therefore there are so many people there.. a huge open restaurant definatelt not a place to go for an intimate meal. This hotel is the furthest away from civilisation although the tram and a bus stop is outside, its a journey to anywhere other than the sea. One good thing if you want to watch the sun go down! PS the pool is nice - facilities for small people (little kids) not good. Should be mentioned family rooms are also booked by hen and stag nights so if you're a light sleeper you might want to mention it or be woken at 4am by noisy neighbours!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank TPC6

Dear TCP6

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased to read that you found the Norbreck to be a value for money hotel which offers our guests an environment with a fun and vibrant atmosphere, As you are aware we welcome all guests and do not pick and choose our clients.
The Hotel is very popular with clients of all ages and thousands of families visit the hotel each year and many chose to return again and again as we offer a safe and friendly service, I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
I wish to thank you for your balanced feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

I must admit, after reading reviews about this hotel, I wasn't looking forward to our stay. However, it's a very nice hotel, staff really friendly when checking in. The hotel is huge, the rooms were great, supplied with a kettle, tea, sugar and milk. The swimming pool, sauna and steam room are great. Entertainment at night time were also great.. breakfast was also nice, I don't understand why people say it wasn't.. plenty of choice of food. One bad thing about the hotel, the walls are so thin, didn't help that we had a snoring man next door to us, resulting in hardly any sleep but all in all this hotel is great and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear chloejgaffney33

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased to read that you found the Norbreck to be a value for money hotel which offers our guests an environment with a fun and vibrant atmosphere, I believe that your feed back is honest and balanced and I wish to thank you so much. I have taken on board the comments you have made and will endeavour to continue to improve standards and service.

Once again thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

i booked the Norbreck for a two night stay as a birthday surprise for my husband. the hotel is dirty and the room we were given you couldn't swing a cat in,the room was number 340. this was our first and last time we will go to this hotel! we paid first, our mistake, ***PLEASE ASK TO VEIW YOUR ROOM FIRST BEFORE PARTING WITH ANY MONEY***we checked in and within half an hour we checked out, they refused to give us a full refund they kept our first nights money. i spoke to the manger there and she wasn't interested in what we had to say. there were dirty breakfast plates on the 3rd landing and we arrived at 7.30pm!! and glasses with ciggy butt ends in them, i neally broke my neck in the lift as something had been spilt in it. PLEASE BEWARE ......

Room Tip: ask to view the room before you make payment .
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wendy040365

Dear wendy040365

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on trip advisor, as it is only through constructive comments such as yours that we can constantly monitor the standards of service we offer our guests.

Please accept my apologies for the difficulties you experienced whilst staying with us at the Norbreck Castle Hotel and I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I will investigate the points raised in your review and speak to the relevant Department Managers to address the difficulties you experienced.

As you are aware the Norbreck Castle is a very large a vibrant hotel, with 480 en-suite rooms which accommodate over 1200 guests and operates at over 95% occupancy though out the year, our staff of almost 300 always try to deliver the best possible service to all our guests, but unfortunately on the odd occasion something may be missed or omitted. Procedures are in place and staff are available 24 hours a day to assist or rectify any short comings raised by our guests.

The Hotel was fully modernised in 2005 and since then a rolling program of repairs and renewals has taken place, from November 2010 the hotel will embark upon another major refurbishment program.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write this review and please accept my sincere apologies once again that it was necessary to do so.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

This is the first time I have ever written a review on a hotel but was moved to do so after staying at the Norbreck Castle. It is essentially the equivalent of butlins with appalling cleanliness. The state of our room was terrible with peeling and stained wallpaper, dirty skirting boards and a bad smell. Luckily we were only on bed and breakfast as the food quality was awful, the sausages had me seriously considering vegetarianism and after the first morning we chose to only eat egg on toast for breakfast. In the interest of trying to give a balanced review - On the plus side the swimming pool was fine.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family