“Pleasant stay although hotel could do with a little more modernisation and upkeep”

Norbreck Castle Hotel
Ranked #69 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 12 September 2017

The check-in process was nice and simple for us, in the queue, checked in and up to our room within 15 minutes of arriving!

Our room had a nice sea-view, but could have done with a little bit more care and attention when it came to cleaning. The walls had stains on them which I don't want to think about. Hopefully spilled drinks and not sick like we found in the lift to our room or down the wall at the Norcalympia Exhibition hall entrance. It seems as though this hotel is used by lots of party-goers and stag/hen dos - I think there should be a little more consideration from the customers, as I can't blame it all on the hotel staff. People just don't think about the consequences of their actions.

Moving swiftly on! The breakfast at the hotel is lovely - everything is cooked well and there's plenty on offer, constantly being replenished by the staff. We didn't eat any of our other meals in the restaurant but it certainly smelled great when we went past in the evenings.

Overall an okay stay, I just wish that the hotel could keep on top of guest messes a little more. The Norbreck Castle just seems to draw in that sort of crowd. We will be returning as we do each year, but hopefully the feedback given can be used to improve the hotel for future stays.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the bar area as the entertainment can be loud.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (6,172)

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here last week for a night with friends and family and I was so glad it was only for one night . The hotel looks awful from the outside and is absolutely filthy , there is fag butts and dirty nappies floating around the check in area !! I found myself cleaning mess up on the hallway which obviously had been left there for days . Our bed was broken and was hand prints all up our walls !! I just don't understand why this hotel is not caring , it really could have the potential to be a nice hotel if it had a complete refurb !!!! The only nice things are is there is a quite beach just in front of the hotel and the room was a good temperature .

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Kelly H
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel on 8th September 2017 when I saw the room they gave us it was one of worse room I have ever seen. I was so shocked to see a very dirty sock on fire alarm on the ceiling and the room was not that clean either. I when back to the the reception staff to report the state of the room and they gaved us another room which was worse than the first one. Needless to say I didn't stay at that hotel. So disappointed with Norbreck Castle Hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Where do I begin.....I have seen better nursing homes. The state of the car park was nothing like what was on their web site. Rooms were dirty and smelled of tobacco. The smoke alarm was covered with a dirty socks. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone . I wish health and safety would pay a visit. I think it should be knocked down and rebuilt.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank seamusocleirigh
Reviewed 11 September 2017

It is a Budget Hotel but you really get what you pay for, the rooms we have had have always been clean, with comfortable beds which have the linen changed daily, which is more than a lot of far more expensive hotels don't do. It is so convenient to get into Blackpool as the tram stop is right outside.Also there is plenty of free parking if you travel by car. Thanks to the staff who are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2017

The smell of cigs and the dumps and burning filters at the doorway says it all, once in the room we had guests a spiders web on the ceiling, the floor was filthy, the draw fronts come off when opened and 3 bed casters inside along with Ena Sharples hair pins, the bathroom is growing its own mould and i wouldn't even attempt to stand on the bathmat, had to laugh at the once a pond hole in the car park with a sign saying no swimming, well there was milk cartons, boxes, bags and even a dirty baby's nappy floating, sorry even the seagulls wouldn't want to chance it, This so called hotel is so run down which TLC couldn't sort it required a bulldozer, how this place is even open is beyond me

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I attended a convention last month in this hotel and that is the only reason I stayed there. On entering the foyer, you get a sense of what this hotel is like, very poor quality. Our room was on the 5th floor at the back of the hotel and it was so hot day and night! No air conditioning. The beds and bathroom were clean but the bathroom floor, walls, skirting boards etc. needed cleaning. The food was eatable, but very bad tea and coffee. I was glad that I had brought my own tea bags! The only positive thing about this hotel is the staff. They are so friendly and nice especially as they have so many complaints from guests and they always have a smile. Special thanks to Hugh in the dining room who is very helpful. I don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends