6,587 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

We have just returned from staying one night in this hotel. I booked this hotel with reluctance after reading some of the reviews, I didn't think it could possibly be that bad- but it was. On checking in there was a woman complaining about the mould and dirty sheets in her family room. On entering our family room I was very apprehensive. The bed sheets were clean as was the bathroom, so we made do as I knew there was no vacancies in any of the other hotels I'd looked at. The whole hotel needs a complete overhaul and cleaning from top to bottom. I certainly would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank will0w1969
Reviewed September 16, 2017

rooms not as advertised, dark and miserable, could not see out of windows they were filthy, tissues on floor, bathroom basin and toilet were dirty, if we had not been on a coach break and drove we would save went home. food was good,

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sheila D
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

I seriously cannot believe this place is classed as a hotel the place absolutely stunk and looks like it's not been decorated for 30years we were given a room on the ground floor with no windows!!we went to reception and joined a queue of at least 10 people who were all disappointed with something about there room we decided just to leave there and then with a refund I cannot even give this place 1 star!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Gary N
Reviewed September 15, 2017

The hotel needs mega bucks spent on it to bring it to a decent standard and in this day age who is going to do that?! There are so many hotels in Blackpool that there is so much competition so I guess Britannia Hotels have decided to aim at the budget market. Yes the furniture everywhere needs updating and everywhere needs decorating etc etc. But our rooms and bathrooms were clean. Clean towels and plenty of hot water. We had dinner/bed and breakfast for £56. The buffet dinner and breakfast was okayish for the price. The staff we dealt with were extremely helpful. Must be hard for them to remain cheerful when everyone is complaining and guess they run staff on minimum levels. So I think you pay your money and take your choice. £56 at the Norbreck or £150 at the Hilton up the road with just breakfast! And be grateful that our circumstances allow us to stay at higher class establishments. Not everyone is as lucky. We stayed last night and hotel pretty full so guess that for some people it suits.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jackie H
Reviewed September 14, 2017

Honestly have NOTHING good to say about this hotel !!! booked this hotel after seeing it on booking.com. It was portrayed and pictured to be a large , family friendly , good value establishment, I thought this would be ideal for our short mid-week break , how wrong was I . We lasted 3 hours and in that time had been to reception to complain repeatedly !! Our room was freezing cold, dirty and had only one cup for tea , firstly I asked why there was no heating to be told , it will be turned on for a few hours before bed as it was company policy to NOT put heating on in Summer {must add this was 13th September and there was a storm warning in place } but they could supply us with blankets , was I supposed to go to my bed at 4 in the afternoon to heat up ? and I would have a cup sent up to the room , whilst waiting in my cold room for the cup so we BOTH could get a cup of hot tea I looked around the room on inspection it was dirty, the badly stained duvet cover was poking out of the bottom of the bed , which made me want to see what was underneath the top cover , the cover was full of stains , even some that looked like blood , I was horrified at the thought of sleeping in this , the bathroom was no better , on the wall there was a splatter of poo , maybe from a child , but surely this should have been cleaned before a new guest arrived ? , after waiting 3 hours in a cold dirty room went to reception , had to wait in a long queue where a LARGE number of guests were complaining about several issues . Decided there and then this was not good enough , I asked the same receptionist where the cup was as we had been waiting 3 hours for it to be told 'housekeeping ' would bring it when they start their shift which would be soon , unbelievable, decided I had enough and wanted to speak to the Manager speaking to the Manager , I told her of my complaints and this was unsatisfactory to be told in a rather curt manner if I didn't like it I could leave , get my money back but I had to leave instantly as my room needed to be put back on for let . I reminded her that I had just traveled from Glasgow , it was a storm outside and I would be out in the rain looking for somewhere else , she then gave me half an hour to leave , this Manager offered no apologies or even tried to rectify my complaint, the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE , I have EVER encountered , we left 10 mins later after booking into the' Imperial Hotel (which was lovely with excellent customer service ) , with a full refund , the taxi driver we got on the way to the Imperial told us it was not uncommon for people to leave as it was nicknamed by the locals as :Colditz Castle' which sums it up perfectly .Oh ps the free WIFI which is included in your stay is only 20 mins a day after that you pay !

Stayed: September 2017