“FANTASTIC HOTEL”
Review of Canasta Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Canasta Hotel
Ranked #234 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We stay at this hotel at least once a year and to be totally honest i can not fault it the staff are so professional and polite it seems to come natural to them. the rooms are clean and very well decorated. karaoke on a friday night if there is sufficent demand is a great way to meet the other guests. check this hotel out on youtube under CANASTA HOTEL BLACKPOOL you will not be dissapointed with this hotel and its location.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank carlbee50
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Cheers Carl (Fred) and Sam for taking the time to make the review and do the brilliant video!!
You're a great couple and it was great to meet your family and friends last time.
Hope to see you again soon Doug and Swampy

Reviewed 8 June 2011

I cannnot understand how anyone can slate this hotel as myself and my husband have been on numerous occasions and have always been treated with the upmost respect. The rooms are spotlessly clean. The owner Doug and his wife Mandy are excellent hosts and nothing is too much trouble for them, they will go out of their way to make sure you have an enjoyable stay, and as for the breakfast you wouldn't get any better even at the savoy (i know because i have stayed there). DO NOT listen to comments when there are not justified. We have already booked to go again soon.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank surannebradford

Uhhh Thank You....Thank you very muuuuchh (thats the best Elvis impression I can do with a keyboard)

Reviewed 7 June 2011

we have been staying at the canasta since dougie & mandy took it over when it was only half the size it is now.after they refurbished it by taking over the hotel next door and putting them together we go there 3 or 4 times a year . In all the time we have been there we have only had 1 complaint and that was sorted within half an hour . I have just read about some of the things people complain about but would like to know DID YOU COMLAIN AT THE TIME. If you dont tell them whats wrong how can they mend anything. As i said we stay there quite a lot and we get the same warm and friendly welcome everytime.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank kneenie

Aww thanks Kneeno
Always nice to see you and Colleen - especially as you were our first guests back in 2000!!

Reviewed 5 June 2011

Stayed at the canasta for my birthday on 22nd may! Weather was awful but the hotel was lovely, tea and coffee on arrival and friendly welcome. Fry up in the morning was beautiful, and the waitress couldn't do enough to help! Bar prices were amazing and perfect before going out, and if you catch the sun- the terrace and view of the sea is gorgeous!

• Stayed: May 2011

Thanks very much MeganFaye. We're so pleased you had a good time and will look forward to you coming again next year hopefully

Reviewed 2 June 2011

Stayed with my boyfriend last weekend. Hotel is spotless and bar prices very good. Breakfast was absolutely delish. Staff were really friendly and we just felt really comfortable all the time. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank princess5483

Thanks very much for taking the time to make the review, Princess.
I'll let the staff know we're heading in the right direction :)

Reviewed 15 May 2011

The Canasta is most unfriendly hotel I have ever stayed in. Things got off to a bad start on arrival when one of the staff (the owner?) spoke to myself and my colleagues (on separate occasions) like we were a total inconvenience. His tone was to the point of rudeness. The owners wife who, was in fact, a very nice person and far too good for that place) later put a brave face on things. She was very sympathetic and said this sort of thing had happened in the past (several of the reviews on this website would seem to back this up).

The place itself seemed just a bit rundown to me and the small room I stayed in (11) looked right out onto a brick wall a few yards away - it was more like a prison view than anything else. The shower was quite old and poor. It needed constant adjustment to stop it from going too cold or hot. The furniture was very basic and quite worn. The bedding/towels were clean and fresh - the one good point. We never got to try the self proclaimed 'World Famous Breakfast' as was only served between 9 and 10 (hopeless for business travellers) and the owner was not interested in doing anything what-so-ever outside of these hours - that was made very clear indeed. (The owners wife - again fighting a valiant rear guard action - did offer me tea in the morning, and when I arrived) The lift had to be 'kick started' by the owners wife (to the rescue again) to get it going - doors sticking apparently. Many of the floor coverings seemed rather old fashioned and looked worn to me.

This hotel was booked on my behalf by a friend and he paid for two nights - but I only stayed for the one (that was more than enough). I think it would be hard to find anything worse for the money in Blackpool and as for the disgusting attitude of the owner(?) - it was a bit like a real life Fawlty Towers situation - but without the laughs. I just put the keys on the reception 'desk' at the end of the first night and left without saying my goodbyes - I find its no use really complaining or really trying to talk even to people like that as all you get back is a load of abuse. When people talk to me and treat me without any respect I just return the compliment. Its all about attitude to your customer - having the right attitude that is. I have worked in that industry - its hard, demanding and often thankless - but you cant afford to have off days with your guests. Perhaps that's why the place was almost empty when I stayed. Word gets around faster than ever these days. Are you listening, Basil?

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
14  Thank 060611a
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2011

Thanks for the laugh...I so knew this was coming.

Lets start with how you were. You rang me the previous night enquiring
about car parking - I explained that we do not reserve car park spaces but
that in the unlikely event the car park is full there would be street
parking nearby on a well lit road. You didn't seem to want to listen to
me...and just kept repeating your request over and over which was bizarre
in the least.

On check in I asked, as I always do to all guests, if you'd like a cup of tea or coffee
after your long journey, you completely ignored me. In fact you seemed to
want to ignore anything I said to you about front door keys bar times
breakfast times etc. Strutting about in an extremely cocky manner,
holding your hand out for the keys in a way that suggested you were far
too important to listen to to any of the things I was trying to explain to
you. You were obviously expecting something far grander for your £45.

I withheld the keys from you until I at least had the opportunity of explaining which key you needed for the front door.

Your attitude was appalling. I treat people as I find them. Thankfully 99% of our guests are really nice and dont have any superior ego.

What you need to understand is that this is my home as well as my
business. You're quiet right. I DID take an instant dislike to you and I had
to bite my lip a few times. I put it down to the stress of a long drive
but your arrogant manner certainly rankled me. I very nearly declined
your booking because of your attitude. The next time anybody has that attituide I can assure you they will be shown the door.

Future guests ...and I know most of you are quite diligent at reading
between the lines...please do me the courtesy of listening to me when I
explain about front door keys, breakfast times, location of the bar etc.
It only takes a minute but it's information that you need to know.

I do find it most entertaining that YOU are giving ME a lecture about
attitudes.

Basil

Reviewed 12 April 2011

2nd stay at this well located ,clean and friendly hotel,will stay again.great value for money,£25 anight,with a great breakfast,first class.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2011

Thanks for the comments. I'm pleased you found us to be "Excellent value for money"