“Brilliant!”

and 1 more site!
The New Osterley Hotel
Ranked #698 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Paid £36 each for a group of 10 of us & we all enjoyed our stay! Very nice inside and out and breakfast was brilliant, lots of bacon, sausages etc. Very clean and very polite staff. Very nice and calm atmosphere and loved staying there. Hope to stay again.

Room Tip: We had a few rooms with a party and all were good quality :-)
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah L

Reviewed 25 October 2015

5 ladies, needs bit of work updated, good location, fantastic breakfast, staff lovely and very helpful, good night's sleep on comfy beds.would stay again, book direct at hotel it cheaper than doing it on line, overall ? Nice stay would go again .

Room Tip: 1 St floor , less stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank mobedd
Reviewed 19 October 2015

I had read reviews of this hotel before booking it, so my expectations were not high and I was not disappointed.
On the plus side, the proprietor and his wife were friendly enough, the room was small but warm and the beds were comfortable. That's about all the plus points apart from the breakfast, which was outstanding.
Our room had a wardrobe in it that reminded me of the erstwhile MFI flat-pack product: if I'd brought a screwdriver with me I'd have tightened up the joints to stop it swaying when I hung my coat in it. I wish my blood pressure was as low as the water pressure in the bathroom, I wouldn't be on medication if it was. Having pulled the flush it took about half an hour for the cistern to refill with the trickle of water feeding it. The washbasin was a little better, with its cold and cold taps, but I didn't risk the shower in case I caught a chill.
On a more serious note, there was no notice in the room giving instructions about what to do in the event of a fire, what the fire alarm sounded like nor where to escape to in the event of a fire. Even worse, the rooms were accessed through narrow corridors which had fire doors at the end of them, all of which were marked "Fire door, keep closed". All the fire doors were wedged open....

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. The noise from the drunks on the street late at night will keep you awake.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2015

location is good. Very close to the tower and town centre. Was told had parking spaces but when we arrived we had to park in a multi storey which cost a further 12 pound. The hotel itself is very outdated and in serious need of updating. Smells really fusty and carpets are threadbare. The rooms are tiny. We were in room 317, the shower was big but water only dribbled out. On the plus side we had drinks in the bar and the owners were very friendly. At 72 pounds per night this hotel is way too expensive compared to others we have looked at whilst there. Also the car parking fee to take into account. Breakfast was good but only lukewarm. Would not visit again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

The room quite small and was in need of modernising and the shower tiles were poorly grouted. The cups had not been cleaned from the previous guests. Only good thing about this hotel was the location. The bed was very comfortable and had a good nights sleep.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2015

Room okay - basic - we paid £72 for a twin room - 1 night stay to see Cats the show. Owner never stopped smiling. Breakfast good value - very helpful staff. Hotel central to all attractions - very close to the Winter Gardens and Tower - shopping center very close.

Room Tip: Room very basic
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Myself and my husband stayed here overnight on bank holiday weekend. The hotel is extremely dated and there is a musty/damp smell to the establishment. The rooms were extremely small and dated for the price. The beds were comfortable enough and the rooms were clean, however, you could hear every word of what was being said in the room next door. . I appreciate that the pries will have been higher due to it being bank holiday, but looking at the usual cost for an overnight stay, I would say they are charging double the price that it is worth. I would definitely not recommend nor stay here again.

Stayed: August 2015