“Peter is a gem!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #237 of 915 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Edinurgh
“Peter is a gem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

Went Blackpool for the first time with my husband and kids. Stayed in room 3. Had out own room and kids had their own space adjoining us. They loved it. Breakfast was excellent. The waitress was very accommodating to the kids. Peter was lovely, told us where was good to eat etc. Would go back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

Having read other reviews on this site we expected better than we got. The whole hotel - if you can call it that - needs a massive revamp and a damn good clean. The reception area and guest lounge were untidy, there were leaflets and playing cards everywhere, and the dust......I wouldn't let my closest friends come and stay in my house for free if it it looked liked that. We stayed in rooms 3 and 4 - my husband and I in one room and 15 yr old and 8 yr old in the other adjoining room. The windows were filthy, decor dated (for dated read horrible) and falling to bits. Neither TV worked and the shower was a disgrace. A picture on one of the walls had fallen down and had been left to hang - sideways. The bunk bed the girls slept in was creaky and looked none too safe - the youngest decided to share the bottom with her sister. Breakfast was a massive let down - tinned mushrooms and where they got the beans I'll never know. The waitress and an unkempt young man in grey trackie bottoms then proceeded to tidy the other tables whilst we were finishing, not a great advert. I tried to wash my hair when we got back up to the room but there was no hot water to be had. All in all, not a good stay, no wonder the owner has a sign on reception stating - NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN - I bet he gets asked for them quite often.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gwenda S
Rugeley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

We had two rooms, one double room for my parents, and a triple room for husband and I and our 15mth old. The double room (room2) seemed fine on first inspection, but the view was somewhat obstructed due to the fact the window hadnt been cleaned in what looked like a least a year. There was also quite a large gap between the window and the frame. We had quite bad winds on our last night and my parents told me that the curtain were blowing open and the room was freezing - all due to the gap in the window frame. My parents also found dismantled furniture under their bed, with loose screws strewn over the floor - good job we were not staying in there with our toddler. They were also shocked to find that their bathmat was dripping wet - literally soaking.
Our room was a good size and had a really fantastic view of the beach and the promenade. However, our room needed a good proper clean. We found cigarette tips under the bed, the carpet needed a real good hoover and the bathroom could have done with a proper clean. Downstairs lounge was very dark and cluttered. Large dead plants on display - also needed a good clean. Breakfast was nice - no complaints there, but again, felt like the breakfast room needed a good clean - dont know how long ago it had been hoovered. The downstairs toilet did not flush so I was greeted with a nice sight the first and only time I used it. And this toilet is right next to the kitchen. The young waitress/cleaner seemed to have quite the attitiude. On our first day we heard her arguing and swearing at another employee of the hotel, and she generally had a miserable approach whenever we saw her. The Owner was very helpful and really nice, I wish I could write him a nicer review. Would I stay here again? Only if the place had a really thorough clean, and only in warm weather or the rooms would be freezing. We didnt expect the hilton, as we only paid £20 pppn, but we did expect cleanliness.

Room Tip: Get a seaview room - views are amazing - take your thermals if its bad weather.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KellyJ0nes
Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

we only stayed for 1 night but wished we had stayed longer we had made arrangements to come earlier then the check in time an were able to leave our luggage in a safe place till we come for check in when we come to check in we were welcomed by a very nice gentleman who was very helpful we had 2 rooms 1 a double en suite room 11 and family room number 12 the rooms were very clean and well presented the family room was large and very good quality. the beds were very comfy best nights sleep me an my family had in ages. lovely lounge with nice big tv an comfy seats and a minature pool/snooker table 2 keep kids amused. when we got bk from our day out we sat in the bar we had some cans and bottles of ale and the the manager sat an had a natter with us which was nice he is really a lovley man an has no faults at all bar prices are cheap!!! in the morning we were served by a lovely lady who was very nice an helpful and always had a smile on her face! breakfast hit spot was really nice i didnt want to leave lol it is right near south pier on the prom a great place 2 be!! the prices are cheap compared to what you get over all excellent in every way would highly recommend a stay here!!!

1 Thank dgregory191255
Goole
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed with our three children and found the interconnecting room a god send.

Peter was very helpful and always cheerful. Nothing was too much trouble for him and the staff. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable.

With its location just 2 minutes walk from the Pleasure Beach meant we didn't have moody children who just wanted to get to the Pleasure Beach and on all the rides.

Would definitely stay in this hotel again and would gladly recommend it to anyone travelling with children.

1 Thank DebbieSGoole
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

we stayed monday -friday peter was very helpful anything was no trouble for him,he even got us a parking space on arriving and carried our heavy case up the stairs for me i bet he wishes he hadn't lol,got clean towels when we needed,staff were nice also.hotel was clean.

Room Tip: first landing
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 2cats2468
Erskine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

Peter & Olga run a fantastic family hotel, they made me and my family most welcome. The rooms are very clean and tidy as is the rest of the hotel. Although evening meals were not served, the standard of breakfast was excellent and they catered for all of our dietary needs. We were treated like close friends & not jus seen as another paying guest. Peter went out of his way most days helping guests with enquiries and whatever else was asked of him, nothing was ever done half heartedly. The main lounge boasts a fantastic coal fire with large leather chairs and very comfy sofa, with the added bonus of free wifi. Superb location , directly opposite the South Pier and a 2min walk to Sandcastles waterpark and a 5min walk to The Pleasure Beach.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are available & the views of the beach & Promenade are fantastic
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family