“Lovely, Caring & Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Harbour Hotel

The Harbour Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Harbour Hotel
Ranked #728 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Manchester
“Lovely, Caring & Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

Please dont be put off by the reviews on here. I really wasnt expecting too much for £20, it was a last minute plan to go on a night out with friends that were staying nearby. I would definately class it as a 'B&B' not really a hotel. The owners were lovely and friendly, and gave me lots of advice about where to park and directions etc, I was pleasantly surprised at how clean it was, the room wasnt big but it was absolutely fine for what i needed. Bedlinen was clean, and no, there wasnt an en-suite but the loo was next door! I have stayed in some disgusting places in Blackpool but this was the nicest. It is an elderly couple that own it and they do have a little dog, but, it really was like staying at Grandma's, with the home comforts of lcd tv with freeview, kettle, tea & coffee and a nice welcome. And the little shih-tzu dog was NOT yapping or smelly! For the people leaving bad reviews I would say that wherever you stay in Blackpool - is not wonderful, and if you are looking for a Hilton type hotel, dont be paying £20 and expecting the world in return! At the end of the day, your room is just a base where you sleep and change - Unless you have gone just to sit inside the whole time!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
ENGLAND
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2009

If you want to sit with the scruffy owners and extras in the residents lounge then this is the hotel for you.
If you want to listen to a snappy dog then this is the hotel for you.
If you want to share the one bathroom with all and sundry then this is the hotel for you.
If you want to be eerily watched leaving and entering then this is the hotel for you.
If you want a good time then this is definitely not the hotel for you!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank TRUTHISOUT

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Burnley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2009

Myself and my girlfriend zoe stayed at the Harbour hotel in blackpool this September and found it very nice and qiet no noise on the front street at night easy to locate next the the pleasure beach and all staff who worked there were very friendly and helpful and made our stay even more enjoyable i would recomend this hotel to anybody we will be back next year.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Bristol
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2009

My family and I have just returned from a weekend in Blackpool, staying at this hotel (and I use the term loosely). Firstly, we arrived to an empty guesthouse as my paperwork mentioned nothing about check in time being 2pm.

When the owners arrived back we went inside to be told that breakfast was off as the dining room was out of action but we could have cereal or toast in our rooms. Fab thanks. Why was I not informed of this when I made the booking? I don't want to eat my breakfast from my lap and nor does my 4 year old. We were offered no partial refund to take this into account.

The rooms were average, the stairs steep with loose carpet. The 'comfortable dry lounge where we can relax in style' was the family's sitting room complete with baby gate for the dog. Not atall welcoming for me and my family to sit in when its already occupied by the owners.

There are hundreds of hotels and guest houses in Blackpool, I am gutted I chose this one. NOT recommended in any way, shape or form.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank HeregoesBristol
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2009

Booked into this hotel for 2 nights, walked in and it was like a old persons house. got to the room with no bathroom and there was a dodgy smell about the place!! Left straight away and booked into the Carousel Hotel which only £60 a night BB, much nicer place to stay! The only good thing about the Harbour hotel is how close it is to the Pleasure Beach but Im sure for not a lot more money, you could get a much better hotel!!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
windsor
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2008

Do not stay here!!
This is advertised as a 3star hotel on lastminute.com but is most definately not!!
It is a bad B and B at best.
It is someones house turned into a hotel. The decor is very old, dated and in need or refurbishment.
The owners/friends of owners permanently reside in the 'living room' watching tv.
There is one shower room between ALL rooms in the 'hotel'.
Every time you come in/leave they all get up and stare at you and do not reply when speoken to.
8 of us stayed here and three of us woke with bites that looked like flea bites after our first night.
They have a small nippy dog that is not in control whatsoever and you have to open up stair gates etc to go anywhere.
I would never stay here again and do not recommend it. Its like staying at a poor old grannys house for the weekend who doesnt clean anything and has gone a bit mad.
There was also a 'resident' staying in a room who would always come out in the corridor and stare at us whenevr we were exiting out rooms. He they proceeded to stand in his room and stare out of the curtains at us as we entered the street. VERY STRANGE! we felt like we were in the texas chainsaw massacre!

• Liked — nothing at all apart from its proximity to the pleasure beach
  • Disliked — everything!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank katlake4