“Always consistently nice”

Price range: US$12 - US$21
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enjoy freshly prepared French food in Leicester’s city centre. Our bistrot offers a charming place in which to enjoy affordable French-style dishes, freshly prepared by our chefs every day. Whether you’re on a shopping trip, lunching with friends, having a celebratory dinner or relaxed family meal, our bistrot is the perfect place to eat in Leicester. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner, and breakfast at weekends, we have something for everyone including gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian options.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Always nice

Staff pleasant & helpful
Food is always served hot & they will do as you like
One of the few very top places in town and prices are decent too

Realise I only usually write bad reviews about not good places & must compliment where it’s due

Do not miss this place

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,576)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

While never a fine dining, all singing all dancing place, it was always good, with well made, tasty food and decent portion sizes. However, that has sadly gone. The food was edible, but that’s all I can say really. The signature dish, Beef bourguignon, should really be a delight, full of flavour and rich, but it was a damp squib compared to what it used to be. And stodgy mashed potato is NOT the same as well made pomme purée. No qualms about the service, staff were friendly and helpful, but the food is now pretty average.

1  Thank gardencentrereviews
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We booked this place in advance for a special celebration based on the excellent reviews.
The staff were friendly and helpful, we had a great table and service was fine.
The menu was interesting and range of drinks fair.
All good until our drinks order arrived. The draught Camden Hells came in bottles, we were not informed of this and when questioned staff did not offer an alternative.
The wine we ordered a Picopoul de Pinet 2019 arrived and we realised a few minutes after it was a different wine. My daughter who worked in the wine industry was sure it did not taste like a Picopoul de Pinet (and I wasn't keen on it) so I asked the waitress to check. The bottle was a 2018 Les Granges de Felines. The waitress advised it was a Picopoul de Pinet and my wife did not want a fuss. I'm annoyed with the misrepresentation of beer and wine. Maybe I'll have a word with trading standards. The price a the 330ml bottles was almost the price of the pint of draught. Most of the food was excellent however the chicken dish main course was a little bland. Overall average, overpriced and the issue with the drinks serious enough for me to complain but felt fobbed off. Please be truthful about your drinks especially if charging £29 for a £7 bottle of wine.

1  Thank W3992EBjamess
Reviewed August 27, 2021

I visited and had the three course meal. I was expecting better quality, unfortunately. The starter (french onion soup) was not nice at all and looked unappetizing - it was very dark and small portion with a very tiny bit of brown bread floating on the top. It didn't taste good. The main meal was average, a chicken and mushroom sauce. The dessert (creme brulee) was actually excellent. Service was fairly quick except initially while I waited to get the attention of staff who were indulging in a long conversation with another customer (chit chat) and mocktail was alright. I expected better.

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank rebeljenn
Reviewed August 17, 2021

Up from Hampshire for the footie. Booked ahead for Saturday evening…..so fairly busy. Good table for 2 - shared the chorizo and prawns to start and both ordered the fillet steak medium. What a great piece of meat perfectly cooked and presented. Excellent bottle of Merlot. Our waitress was Martina (??) who couldn’t have been more attentive throughout. All in all a great evening back in our home town.

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank Fleetsfox
NorthStar09934581028, General Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2021

Thank you very much for taking your time and leaving us such a great review! :)

We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us

Looking forwards to seeing you soon!