“Sunday lunch”

Ben's Kitchen Leicester Ltd
Ranked #9 of 1,272 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$3 - US$28
Description: Welcome! Ben's Kitchen is now based at The Old Crown Inn, Snarestone and we are still in business! We are offering a variety of services consisting of pub food, A La Carte dining, a quick lunch, children's lunches, and of course, not to forget, our famous Sunday lunch, which all can also be delivered directly to your door. You can also hold your event at our venue, or I can also cater for you, anywhere in the country! I have a true passion for food and giving what customers want and need. I believe in quality food at low cost prices - cooked homemade, introducing family traditional recipes and my own exciting new recipes..
Reviewed August 15, 2021

Just visited Ben’s kitchen for the first time. Polite customer service on arrival. Had two waitresses attending to our orders ( drinks and food)
Gambás pilpil to start followed but Sunday roast lamb.
The lamb was delicious and succulent. The veg cook to a slight crunch with a side dish of potatoes in cream an cheese. The gravy home made from broth no powder granules.
Desert was home made brownies.

Will definitely be back but want to try during the week as the Ben kitchen burgers looked awesome.

Well done Ben’s Kitchen great venue, tasty food.

Thank you.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (323)

Reviewed August 15, 2021 via mobile

Top class roast dinner in a lovely atmosphere. Twinned with the old crown inn who do the drinks. A new home for Ben’s kitchen attached to the pub.

Relaxed friendly atmosphere with staff who know their food and drink.

Would recommend and come again.

Reviewed August 14, 2021 via mobile

We have just dined at Ben’s Kitchen and I couldn’t wait to leave a review. Excellent food - including the most delicious steak we’ve had in years. We had starters to share - the Arancini was delicious and then a mixture of burgers and steaks across the table. It was a little busy when we got there but the food was well worth the wait. Also got to chat to Ben after our meal which was nice to meet the face behind the food! Highly recommend, don’t hesitate to give it a go. We’ll be back for Tapas Tuesday and Steak Thursday.

Reviewed August 13, 2021

Not been to Ben's Kitchen since a lovely golf club Sunday lunch however decided to try steak night which was a choice of 3 steaks at reduced price. My husband ordered a sirloin -pictured- while I had a rump. They were fantastic. My rump was more like fillet; very impressed with it. Both came with chips, grilled tomatoes on the vine and a Portobello mushroom. Tomatoes were gorgeous as well.

The service staff, while very lovely, were not quite as attentive as you might hope. All very pleasant staff but it felt as though perhaps a more experienced waiting staff would have done it more justice.

All in all deserves full marks for the steaks. Maybe slightly more choice in starters. Will definitely return.

Reviewed August 11, 2021 via mobile

Second time visiting tonight for the a la carte menu. Both times the food has been incredible but tonight in particular - the arancini starter was probably one of the best I’ve ever tasted.

Service very attentive and also nice to meet Ben and see he is very hands on in his own restaurant. He obviously takes a lot of pride in what he’s trying to achieve here and it shows in the food.

Will definitely be back for tapas and the Sunday dinner too!