“Stumbled across by chance - what a great find.”

Ben's Kitchen Leicester Ltd
Ranked #10 of 1,275 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$3 - US$27
Description: Welcome! Ben's Kitchen is now based at The Old Crown Inn, Snarestone and we are still in business! We are offering a variety of services consisting of pub food, A La Carte dining, a quick lunch, children's lunches, and of course, not to forget, our famous Sunday lunch, which all can also be delivered directly to your door. You can also hold your event at our venue, or I can also cater for you, anywhere in the country! I have a true passion for food and giving what customers want and need. I believe in quality food at low cost prices - cooked homemade, introducing family traditional recipes and my own exciting new recipes..
Reviewed September 19, 2021

Superb restaurant that sits in the Old Crown pub. Staff and service are really good and food is excellent and all cooked to order, so may have to wait a while when busy - but it is worth the wait. We found this by chance when we had an event cancelled and had to rebook last minute - we will definitely go again.

Date of visit: September 2021
Ben K, Owner at Ben's Kitchen Leicester Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi G265QElee,

I'm really glad you enjoyed your first experience here @Benskitcken. We thank you for leaving such a great review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards Lucy

Write a reviewReviews (326)

Reviewed September 11, 2021 via mobile

Food lovely, service terrible, was left waiting to place order even though we were the second family to be seated the waitress's didn’t seem to have any clue who was next to be served. Asking for the bill was a long wait and then when the drinks bill came I was overcharged by a vast amount but didn’t realise till we got home as we had walked out by terrible service. Ben as offered us to go back at discounted rate but unfortunately we won’t revisit.

Date of visit: September 2021
Ben K, Owner at Ben's Kitchen Leicester Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear judytZ9860ZB

I Would once again like to apologise for the wait and lack of service, we were exceptionally busy and caught a little off guard. Thank you for the compliment on the food.

This should never have been your problem sorry, I did try to resolve this issue with you on the day, offering you discount.

We really hope you give us the chance to show you we have rectify the issues you had, and allow us to give you the best dinning experience here, food and service you hear so much about here @Ben's kitchen.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 7, 2021

We had a gorgeous Sunday lunch 2 days ago - 4 adults, 2 children and a lovely touch is that under 5s eat free! The choice of large, medium or small plates is great as this caters for all appetites. And the choice of vegetables was really really good.
Very helpful and friendly staff too, a lovely atmosphere, Would thoroughly recommend - we'll be back very soon!

Date of visit: September 2021

Hi CaroleW and thank you! I'm so glad to hear we are getting things right. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your meals and strive to deliver the very best. Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave us such a fantastic review. It's so important to us as a small business to receive such great reviews. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards Lucy

Reviewed September 4, 2021 via mobile

We took went out for an impromptu quick pub lunch and had a really lovely meal sat outside Bens kitchen.
We've been debating going for some time after hearing previous negative reviews of what used to be "the odd house" but have to say the food was superb and I'm really glad we finally gave it a shot. It was probably the nicest pub food I've had in years - the burger was lovely and succulent and even the red cabbage slaw that accompanied had a great flavour. Everything was really well seasoned too.
The garden was ideal for the little ones to run about, and whilst the restaurant area looks beautiful the rest of the venue looks a little tired and a bit scruffy.
I'd highly recommend if you're looking for great food and if the owners are able to smarten the rest of the place up a bit it would be have been a 5 out of 5.

Date of visit: September 2021
Ben K, Owner at Ben's Kitchen Leicester Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good morning debzter
Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review. It's lovely to hear that you really enjoyed the food. We have worked really hard to get the restaurant up to the high standard it is, we thank you for your kind comments on this. Unfortunately due to the current situation with everything that has been going on funds have been allocated to the main areas. We however are alway working on improving the quality and experience for all dinners. We hope you will visit us again in the future. Kind regards Lucy and the team.

Reviewed August 21, 2021

My first visit to Ben's new venue in Snarestone. The surroundings are different but the food just as delicious. A lovely evening meal. Steak cooked as requested to perfection with a chocolate brownie to finish. NO Photos though ..... arghhhhh....
A nice low key atmosphere , no loud music so we were able to chat. Easy parking

Thanks to Ben and the team

Date of visit: August 2021

Hi Annierea. Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review. The team @Benskitcken work exceptionally hard to provide the best food and experience for our diners.
Kind regards Lucy