Lowest prices for your stay
US$99
Free cancellation until 21-12-10
Hotels.comUS$99
eDreamsUS$105
Orbitz.comUS$99
All reviews the sticky toffee pudding triple cooked chips bridal suite beautiful hotel nespresso machine birthday meal wedding venue large bathroom wedding reception reception staff following morning iron uncertainty sophie takeaway
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2021 via mobile

This hotel situated outside of the city centre is a wonderful piece of history preserved by an outstanding hotel.
We stayed for my Brothers wedding and the hotel staff couldn’t have done anymore. Nico on the front reception was very kind helping me and my pregnant wife to our room, he was very attentive to our needs and everything was done with a laugh and smile. Also Megan behind the bar was amazing and very friendly, she gave us all great customer care and knew some amazing drink combinations!

The room was perfect, very clean, modern and was built in mid with the natural beauty and character of the building so had some wonderful high ceilings and windows. It included a Nespresso machine, biscuits and tea. The bathroom was also sparkling with nothing missed.

For the wedding side, food was great, staff were accommodating to the wedding guests and the grounds were all kept wonderful for photos.

Room tip: Good parking and travel links to the city centre. Bring some comfortable trainers to walk around the park.
Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed July 3, 2021

We held my sisters wedding and reception at Winstanley House on 2nd July. It was an all day event with the wedding in the morning and the reception starting early evening till late. From the moment we got here in the morning nothing was not too much trouble for the staff. They helped coordinate, problem solve, and helped us with any last minute wedding hiccups. The room was adorned beautifully in the morning with all the beautiful touches. What struck me was the level of coordination from our Planner Sophie who was on hand ALL day along with the operations manager Badge and Beth. Nothing was too much trouble for them, with them asking and coordinating with us all day to make sure we ran to schedule with no issues. I could not have asked for a better trio to have looked after us.
As I mentioned we had the reception in the evening the guys sorted the whole room turn around so we could relax in one of the rooms we had booked for the night. The room we had was room 202. A beautiful large spacious and modern room. We had my 2 year old son with us he was happily playing in the room during the recess/turnaround. Nothing was too much trouble for them at all.
The reception as was expected by now went off without any issues and the team did all they could to make sure we had the most memorable night ever. Especially with all the covid restrictions that were bestowed upon us and them.
The food for both events was immense and have no other words to describe it.
A special thank you goes to Izzy on reception from the moment I got there in the morning with her radiant welcoming smile to all the nitty gritty tasks I gave her she did not waver or moan for a single second. She is an absolute asset for front of house and Winstanley House is lucky to have her. Thank you again Izzy you absolute legend!!
And thank you to all the behind the scenes staff for making it a beautiful day even with the pandemic ongoing. Will not hesitate to recommend this place for weddings and receptions!

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank 483kamDman
Reviewed June 28, 2021 via mobile

We booked our weekend stay in a deluxe double room directly with Winstanley House. Nico from the reception team was extremely helpful with ensuring we had a quiet room as we were travelling with our 9 month old daughter and our room was at the back of the hotel overlooking the terrace. (Also so if she didn’t enjoy her first night in a hotel then we wouldn’t disturb anyone else!) Unfortunately our trip was cut short to one night due to unforeseen work circumstances but Nico kindly offered us late checkout so we wouldn’t be rushed on the Sunday morning.
Our room was beautifully furnished with a comfortable bed and was a great size with plenty of space for our travel cot. The bathroom had a good sized shower with great water pressure. There was minimal noise heard in the room from the music playing outside on the terrace and the shutters were fantastic at making the room very dark. The staff were so smiley with our daughter and made us feel very welcome. Breakfast in the Black Iron restaurant was delicious with great coffee.
When we arrived home we realised that we’d left my daughter’s sleeping bag but the reception team were able to locate it for us and are kindly posting it to us.

The only downside was that no food was available on the terrace but I understand this was due to covid restrictions.

We look forwards to returning for a weekend and either trying Black Iron for dinner or the new takeaway located in the grounds.

A lovely first weekend away as a family of three. Thank you.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed June 7, 2021 via mobile

Went winstanley house on the strength of the Web site. Was looking for a refined venue to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
There Web site dress code stated dinner jackets not essential but they thing they are smart. No sports wear.this gave the impression it was a bit more upmarket to the usual restaurant. How ever this was not the case, other patrons where in t shirts jeans and trainers and even one of the waiters was wearing trainers. I was wearing shirt and tie the wife in a nice sumer dress we both felt overdressed and a bit uncomfortable. Although the service was pleasant and polite there was no finesse about it.
The moaning done with the food was excellent, well presented with nice timings between courses. Price where very resonable.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2021 via mobile

Winstanley house have taken my wedding deposit and will not give it back. I have been poorly treated by them. I have given them money and received nothing in return! They don’t have any suitable dates to rearrange my wedding and are now refusing to give my money back. Do not use them. They are just money grabbers! Our wedding was due to be on the 14th March and due to COVID it was obviously cancelled. When asking for another date, they did not have any suitable dates available this year. They are now refusing to give our money!!

Date of stay: March 2021