“Nice old-fashioned restaurant”

Cafe Roma
Ranked #25 of 1,271 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family run Italian Cafe & Restaurant serving Coffee, Home made cakes & desserts. Pizza, Pasta & Main meals for lunch and evening dining. Fully licensed
Reviewed January 9, 2020

I regularly come for lunch, just as I did today. Great lunch deal, reasonable prices. I tried quite a few pastas, nice simple lunch, never disappoints. Today I tried the minestrone which was delicious. Staff is always friendly and smiley.
Its a popular place, usually barely any table at lunchtime. Oh and the tiramisu is delicious too!

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank Edina Z
Write a reviewReviews (267)

Reviewed January 4, 2020

In an ideal position for a pre-theatre meal at the Curve, this restaurant serves a delicious range of Italian food. Although the service is quick, this is not just fast food. The range of tastes from one mouthful to the next show that it's clearly home-cooked. Smiling, friendly and efficient staff. Towards the end of our meal a saxophonist came in to play jazz improvisations; great if it's your sort of music, but in no way intrusive if it isn't.
It's worth noting that they take cash payments only.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 30, 2019

I use this place regularly - good food and wine, inexpensive and not pretentious. It is important to remember that they do not take credit or debit cards - so be sure you have some cash!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

I've been here a few times over the last couple of years and can honestly say it's the best Italian in Leicester. The sevice is friendly, the food is delicious whatever you try and the prices are more than reasonable!

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank ginag76
Reviewed December 20, 2019

My daughter had been to Roma some weeks ago and loved the food. My wife and I went there last night before a show at the theatre. I had the meatballs, my wife an aubergine pizza. Salads as well and a shared Lemon cheesecake at the end. One glass each of house white wine. What a BRILLIANT meal. My meatballs were fantastic, so tasty with a lovely rich sauce....it was perfection. My wife loved her pizza that was crisp and so tasty...a kind of smokey flavour to the home-baked pizza base. We shall be back with my son and daughter. Cannot find anything to moan about. This is Italian cooking at its best. Fair price, lovely atmosphere and super service. This could become our favourite place to eat, without a doubt.

Date of visit: December 2019