“By far, the best Indian restaurant in Leicestershire”
Review of Spice Bazzar

Spice Bazzar
Ranked #6 of 1,272 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$19 - US$37
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic indian restaurant Licensed Air condition Free WiFi Child friendly Authentic Indian and Bangladeshi food
Reviewed October 24, 2020

Food was 10 out of 10. The chutney tray with crushed chilis and tamarind sauce was a great start to accompany the poppadoms. We had a mixture of mixed grill and a king prawn curry which were both flawless then the waiter very kindly gave me a free lamb dish as I had commented on how hit & miss lamb can often be at Indian restaurants.

It didn't dissapoint. This dish (I forget the name) was absolutely beautiful with the lamb falling apart, loads of chunks of garlic and chili all in a delicously rich sauce.

I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. If you love good food in a relaxed environment with first class service then get yourself down there!

Date of visit: October 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,405)

Reviewed October 22, 2020 via mobile

Our first visit to Spice Bazzar and it will not be our last. I found the restaurant staff to be very COVID aware but pleasant and reassuring in their advice.

The food was excellent. I had a Pathia that was full of flavour and was just the right blend of sweet and spicy, the naan was also great - something many restaurants don’t seem to be able to do well. Portion sizes were large and the staff were very happy for my daughter to take her remaining curry away and provided us containers and carrier bags etc.

We will be back and hopefully bring some friends when we’re permitted to do so.

All in all a great first experience.

Reviewed October 16, 2020 via mobile

Stopped on our way to Windsor to break the journey up from travelling from the north. I can not fault this restaurant in anyway what so ever. They had covered every aspect of covid and felt totally safe. They wouldn’t let you in with out a mask and then cleaned everything down once people left. The food was absolutely AMAZING!! Perfect spice and heat. Would absolutely recommend here and next time when travelling through I will returning with out a doubt. Thank you for a gorgeous curry xx

1  Thank katetayl0r
Reviewed October 13, 2020

We have takeaways alot from this restaurant but we decided to eat in this time. The food is outstanding with a lot of choice, for vegetarians as well. I opted for the paneer korma which is the best i have ever had and I have tried many from different establishments in Leicester. The staff within the restaurant were very friendly and attentive and also COVID aware, asking everyone who enters the premises to use the hand sanitizer and wear a face mask whilst walking around. I will definitely come back to this restaurant both for eat in and takeaway.

1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed October 13, 2020

We came to spice bazzar for the first time last week for my birthday. The food was amazing, we both agreed that this was the best indian restaurant we have ever been to! The pickle tray has so many options and the meal was delicious (we had chicken jalfrezi and one of the restaurant's house dishes, which was cooked to perfection!). The service was very friendly and welcoming and the restaurant was also very covid-friendly, with tables very well spaced out. Will definitely return!!