“Simply fantastic”

Ranked #28 of 1,271 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$27 - US$103
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Oggi, the home of Italian cuisine in Leicester. Our food is simple yet versatile, creative yet classical, utilizing the finest ingredients of the season. When you dine in at Oggi you feel good eating our food and drinking great wine. Whether it's for an elegant night out or gathering with family & friends, we look forward to inviting guests for an authentic Italian meal in a setting that feels like home.
Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

It was our second visit to this fantastic Italian restaurant in Leicester. The atmosphere is fantastic with good service and a singing maitre d' and the staff made us feel very welcome. It was the first Saturday in January and packed, which says it all. The food is to die for. I had the delicious king prawn diavola, with its tasty chilli sauce. My husband and friend enjoyed the delicious scallops. Fir main my friend had steak with mushroom and pepper sauce, chips and veg. My husband had salmon with veg and potatoes. I enjoyed the delicious spinach and ricotta cannelloni. We then treated ourselves to a coffee with Italian brandy. With a bottle of wine it came to around £100. Very nice and we will return.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank napoleonmcginley
Write a reviewReviews (757)

Reviewed January 4, 2020

Had lunch here starting with the Scallops and Bruschetta “Gusto mio’’. The scallops were divine and the Bruschetta as good as you'd expect.
We then followed up with the signature pasta dish Spaghetti Oggi for my wife, and I had the Sliced rack of Lamb with chianti wine sauce. The sauces and seasoning in both dishes were wonderful!
For desert my wife went for Panacotta which kept her quiet for a whole ten minutes, it was that good!
The service was attentive and efficient so all in all a great lunch and certainly somewhere we would revisit.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 18, 2019 via mobile

Had a very enjoyable work christmas lunch. Was quite packed inside as there were about 40 of us from Leicester University and all other tables full. I had the cheese balls, sea bass and profiteroles which was a menu choice prior to arriving. Food was quick and service very professional. The cheese balls were very nice with a tomato sauce, crispy and fresh. The sea bass with mash and lime sauce is delicious. I have had this before and it is perfectly cooked and seasoned. Profiteroles were nice but not exceptional. The restaurant did get a bit hot as it was full. I highly recommend this place as a truly exceptional italian restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2019
2  Thank kalkarim1
Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant.. food was delicious & excellent service from the staff. It was a special occasion for me & the waiters delivered my dessert singing “happy birthday” the evening ended extra special as my partner got down on one knee & asked me to be his wife..

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank kellsbellsxx
Reviewed November 20, 2019

Pleasant ambience, excellent & friendly service and delicious food washed down with superb recommended Sicilian wine! What's not to like?

Date of visit: November 2019