“Great food and atmosphere!”

OGGI Simply Italian
Ranked #28 of 1,272 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$28 - US$104
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Oggi, the home of Italian cuisine in Leicester. Our food is simple yet versatile, creative yet classical, utilizing the finest ingredients of the season. When you dine in at Oggi you feel good eating our food and drinking great wine. Whether it's for an elegant night out or gathering with family & friends, we look forward to inviting guests for an authentic Italian meal in a setting that feels like home.
Reviewed February 18, 2020 via mobile

Great food and atmosphere! A great buzz inside and good service. Food is very tasty. Great chilli and garlic prawns starter followed by spicy pasta! Wife loves the layered aubergine starter followed by cannelloni!

The best Italian in Leicester!

Date of visit: February 2020
Write a reviewReviews (758)

Reviewed February 7, 2020

Food excellent, service amazing and lovely atmosphere..
I had dinner in this Resturant and I will back soon. Everything beautiful. I recommend This place for everyone.

Reviewed February 4, 2020

Came on a busy Saturday with my girlfriend and was pleasantly surprised by the cosy and familiar atmosphere. The restaurant is cheerful and the staff is professional and friendly.

Amazing food, we got Scallops and Gamberoni as our starters, Spaghetti Oggi and Spaghetti with Clams (their limited time special) as mains. We finished it off with an expresso and grappa.

Fair prices, all in all a very positive experience.

Reviewed February 4, 2020 via mobile

As always amazing food and service this is my daughters favourite restaurant - came with my family and brought my brother and his family - they agreed best Italian they have ever been to! Great service Reno as always the perfect balance between chatty and attentive without being too much - such a great evening making my daughters birthday special ! We had the round table which is great for large groups - there where 9 of us - such a a nice social place with great food service and conversation- if you like red wine try the primitivo ! For vegetarians the mushroom starter is amazing ! Can’t fault a single thing !

2  Thank Sach47
Reviewed February 1, 2020

We came to the restaurant tonight for my finances and mother in law's birthday expecting a good night out as I've been recommended this place by two friends. Well I was wrong because as soon as we got there the service was terrible, I felt like we were being rushed to order and for Christ sake has any of the staff ever heard of smiling ?
The starters arrived and I really wasn't impressed as the food could have been cooked better by my 8yr old son, when they brought the mains the waiters looked like a slapped arse and just dumped the plates on the table, both myself and my son ordered spaghetti Bolognese which looked like it just came out of a can, the pasta was under cooked and the beef had so much salt in it slugs walking past the restaurant would have been killed.
As you can imagine I wasn't happy with either the service or the food and when I mentioned this to one of the staff ( I think one of the owners ) all I got was a attitude as just not like people complaining.
I will never go back and have already sent this to friends who enjoy eating out in Leicester.
The food and service was terrible and I suggest you get the staff into customer service training.

2  Thank Smital D