See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for one night with my wife and cannot recommend this place at all. Had to park on the road which was ok, check in was quick and easy but from there it was not good at all!

The door to the room had dirty fingerprints all over it, the door to the bathroom couldn’t be shut, let alone locked! The bathroom floor was giving way underneath in places.

The walls had large black marks across them and the woodwork was missing in places where fixtures/furniture has been removed.

The ‘bed side lighting’ was high above and to the side of the bed and had only one of two bulbs working which was so weak it was useless, which left only the main room light which was very bright and could only be turned on/off by getting out of bed.

The bed itself was ok and the linen/duvet cover appeared clean.

Trying to sleep was not helped by the badly fitted room door allowing the brightly lit corridor to light our room and walls so thin the sound of people in adjacent rooms talking, a baby crying, people coming in/ out of the main hotel door, walking along the corridors, flushing toilets to easily filter through.

Breakfast was basic, the tea was brought to the table in a mug, I had to go and fetch milk from the jug used for cereal on a different table. I had the English breakfast, the egg was so over cooked it wasn’t edible, the toast was barely warmed bread!

I know that the room was cheap but this does not excuse the conditions of our room and the service we received.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wilier66
Reviewed December 14, 2017

I arrived early & was able to check in as the room was already ready. There’s a good sized car park next to the hotel, but it is allocated to the nearby dentist practice during weekday day times. There’s also on-street parking opposite the hotel.

The room was a reasonable size for a single, warm, clean & light. The bed was clean, warm & comfortable. The room came with a kettle, tea, coffee, etc.

The en-suite was compact with a warm & powerful shower, which I thought was good for a 2nd floor room.

My only real gripe about the room was the laminate wood flooring. It really either needs replacing with carpet or having a rug stuck down on it next to the bed.

The bar had a very limited stock of beers & spirits, but again was clean, warm & was managed by friendly staff.

The choice for breakfast was reasonable, & the service was polite & quick. When it arrived the food was warm & tasted ok. The main issue here is there are not enough seats in the restaurant if the hotel is full. This means you may end up sharing a table with other guests or you may have to wait for a space to become available.

The checkout was quick as everything was already paid so I just had to hand the key back.

To conclude I’ll say that the value for money & location were good, but the rooms need updating & more space needs to me made available for dining.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Brookleys
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

Well it's was cheap and tidy hotel with friendly staff some contractors staying here a bit noisy but it was a pleasant experience it has a large car park at rear.

I see a lot of other reviews but what do you expect for the amount of money you pay. It's not the worst on the market I enjoyed the breakfast the bed was ok and I had a working to. Thanks for a Great night keep

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed October 14, 2017

Checked into the hotel today and paid for room before seeing it - big mistake. The room had tatty bedside table, tea and coffee but no kettle, filthy windows, and a giant crack in the wall covered up with sticky tape. My friend's room was en suite and the bathroom stank of mould and bad drains. The electrical equipment in her room also looked dodgy and had no pat test labels. We decided to check into Premier Inn instead. The Croft promised a refund - on Monday. I shall hold them to that...

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank clairesP6164EE
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

What a dump, I knew it was cheap when I booked for an over night stay out of desperation but didn't expect it to be this rough. The curtains were hanging off the rail and the drapes didn't cover the bay window which itself looked about to fall out of the wall. It was a case of which part of the window not to cover to let less light in and then wash your hands after touching the curtains. The toilet and sink were in a cupboard one side of the room and the shower in a cupboard on the other very reminiscent of a 1970s caravan to be used as a set in a horror movie. We didn't dare look at the mattress otherwise we'd of been sleeping in the car. The rest of the hotel communal areas were equally bad however our friends rooms on the upper floors had recently been renovated to a reasonable standard. On a positive note the breakfast was ok and the girl in reception was pleasant. In summary unless your a director looking for the next American Horror Story set give it a miss...

Date of stay: September 2017