“Not just an ordinary takeaway curry...”
Review of Lilu Cuisine

Price range: US$62 - US$76
Cuisines: Indian, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are on a journey to provide the best Indian fine dining experience in Leicester. When Lilu was born, we set out to provide something different from our contemporaries. We offer an Indian fusion set menu which will transport you around the globe. Lilu is a family run business. We are passionate about good quality ingredients. We aim for a light touch in the kitchen, to emphasise the natural flavours - not cover them up. Here at Lilu we know how important it is to enjoy the experience when you come out to dine. With our contemporary setting, relaxed atmosphere and great food we are sure that you will have a night to remember. We are an Indian restaurant with a difference. We are shaped by and inspired by Leicester, as well as the rich diversity of Indian regional cooking. Take a journey with us and be delighted by new flavours, new surprises and new friends.
Reviewed September 7, 2018

This is a Lilu fine dining experience within your own home! We have been to LIlu a few times in a past, but have always eaten in, but now that we have a 6 month old, it's a little difficult to get out in the evenings. As it was my birthday, we ordered a takeaway for delivery. Most takeaways are generally average, as it can be difficult to provide the same quality of food, half an hour after it has been cooked. But, Prathik did not disappoint. We ordered lamb chops for starters, along with sheesh kebabs and for mains we went with the lamb curry and butter chicken. Everything tasted amazing! It was all well wrapped and still hot when it arrived, the poppadoms with chutneys was nice touch (went nicely with my beer!). The lamb chop had a chargrilled taste and the sheesh kebab has nice subtle flavours of chili, without being overly spicy on the tongue. The mains went down well with the parathas and again, the spice level was just right. I always feel you should be able to taste the spices, but not feel a great burn on the tongue, that's what indian food is all about.
Overall a great meal, possibly the best takeaway I've ever had. Defo want to order from here again!

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a reviewReviews (740)

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Recently visited this great gaff.

Had the crab starter which was brilliant and the game main meal which was duck. The duck was cooked to perfection. Along with this I had some blue cheese nan bread which was the best Nan I’d tasted.

The guy running the show made us feel really welcome and eve while experience was top notch.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank bcbbaum
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We decided to go back to Lilu for a Friday early evening meal. It does not disappoint and I had my fav butter chicken and lamb cutlets which my partner loves. It was all delicious and we highly recommend the food and atmosphere.
We always get a cheerful reception and we are made to feel really welcome. We shall be back.
If you fancy something just that bit more unusual then this is the place.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Another review because we continue to visit.
Birthday meal, for myself and my daughter, with my wife. The menu has been tweaked, rather than overhauled recently and the changes are subtle but tasty.
This has always been a fine dining restaurant so the changes are in-line with what you'd expect slightly different pairings, new flavours, but no relaxing of standards or presentation.
The staff as always are welcoming and helpful. New customers always advised of the food offerings, and the ability to tailor dishes to your own taste explained, and catered for in the way that only this type of smaller establishment with an eye on service can.
As always Lilu is an experience rather than just a curry or meal out, where the focus is the customer and the food.
I can't recommend any dish as I've tried i think almost the entire menu and they are all great! If you want to try a variety the new mid-week ThaLi-Lu (Lilu take on Thali) is served Tues-Thurs!

Reviewed September 2, 2018

We revisited Lilu after a far too long absence to find to our delight the standards and food were still amazing. From the very warm welcome, the excellent service and food the experience was delightful. I had the Tandoor roasted Lamb cutlets, again, and after the first mouth full I was wondering why I had left it so long.
We love the pre courses that add to the experience but I love the glass of spicy tomato soup with the fennel bread that comes after the poppadoms and street food, all included in the price. If you want something other then "just a curry" Lilu has to go on your list of places to visit.
If it is your first time you will be talked through the menu and they will tweak dished to suit your taste, as it is all cooked to order.
Most of all is Pratik,s enthusiasm to present a wider palate of indian food. Planning our next visit

Date of visit: September 2018