“5 star service and food”

North Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #16 of 1,275 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: European, Central European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: North was set up by good friends who have travelled the world together. We've brought together our experiences to offer traditional British food with a contemporary European twist, a great range of drinks and a warm, friendly atmosphere. We offer something completely fresh for the area including Tasting Menu evenings, Vegan Specialities, Sunday roast and afternoon tea. Our stylishly renovated bar and restaurant in Leicester is located on Hinckley Road close to Braunstone Gate. Pop down for a cocktail or to sample one of our 42 gins or book a table for lunch or dinner. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed August 26, 2021 via mobile

We visited the restaurant in august and have been here twice before but not in recent years, we booked dinner for our wedding anniversary and what can I say, from the minute I made the booking the service was flawless, I originally wanted to book for 6.30 but there was no availability so I was offered a table at 5.30, however a table then became available for my original time, I was contacted to see if I wanted this. The food is amazing here all freshly prepared and taste absolutely delicious, the service was 10/10 and we never once had to
Ask for anything as the team checked in every so often for
Drinks and to make sure everything was ok with our food, I would recommend the restaurant to anyone and already have to most of
My friends, 5 star service and food in my eyes .

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (655)

Reviewed August 21, 2021 via mobile

Been here twice now and cannot recommend highly enough!

The first time we had a chateau briand which was beaut. Last night me and my wife had the taster menu with wine pairing, I’d see the rose was my least favourite wine. However every food course was superb and the x2 whites and red matched their courses perfectly.

Will absolutely be back!

Parking can be painful but free on street after 6pm, or drive past the Indian opposite, over the ramp to the right and there’s no time limits.

1  Thank cmfhewett
Sophie M, Marketing at North Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2021

Hello,
Firstly thank you for your review, we really appreciate it!

We are so pleased you have enjoyed both visits to North and we look forward to the next time you dine.

Reviewed August 15, 2021 via mobile

It was not as good as we hoped it would be and not as good as other vegan tasting menus we’ve had in both Southport and Chester in the past few years. The biggest problem was the wine flight, which was advertised as a recommended accompaniment to each dish. It was supermarket wine standard and I wouldn’t pay more then £8-10 for any of it. The worst was the red, which was rough and was drinkable only because it accompanied a very spicy stuffed pepper. The food was ok, a couple of the course were really nice, particularly the mushrooms and also the daal. The polenta chips course was not great though. At £143 for two people, it was overpriced.

2  Thank JonathanM788
Sophie M, Marketing at North Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2021

Hello Jonathan,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We firstly would like to say that we are surprised by your negative comments as nothing was said to our staff the evening of your meal, if so this would have been rectified for you.

Secondly, we can guarantee our wine is definitely not supermarket wine as it is premium wine that nobody else gets in the Leicester city.

We will review our wine pairings for each dish soon.

Kind regards,
North

Reviewed July 31, 2021

We were a party of 6 and ate at the North Bar last night. Due to the lockdown and restrictions this was our first venture out... Everyone loved their starters but what impressed the majority of the party was the way our fillet steaks were cooked. Three of us asked for our steaks to be cooked blue... the chefs did not disappoint. most restaurants that we go to never cook our steaks blue and we end up with rare!!!! fantastic cut of quality meat as well.
the desserts were a great way to finish our night off.

Date of visit: July 2021
Sophie M, Marketing at North Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2021

Firstly thank you for reviewing North and giving such a fantastic review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your evening and food. We hope you can come back to dine at North soon

Reviewed July 25, 2021

Leicester is very lucky to have a very very good head chef here.Excellent well balanced , flavoursome and delicate flavours , made it one of the best meals I’ve experienced for quite a while. Having spoken to the well travelled chef I asked why choose Leicester to come back too? The answer , ‘I love Leicester and it’s my city and I want to bring the people here the very best’We are very lucky and all food lovers who travel up and down the country should stop and try this gem of a place. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2021