“Great food, friendly service, excellent value, BYO and free extras”

Nawaaz Indian Restaurant
Get food delivered
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #33 of 1,271 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Description: We are a new business and opened in early October 2015. We are located on London Road close to Victoria Park, Train Station, Leicester University, and DeMontfort Hall. Due to our close proximity we have become a popular eatery for people visiting the DeMontfort Hall. We serve delicious Indian food at a great value price. Customers are allowed to bring their own alcoholic drinks. We also have a function room which can be used for charity, family and corporate events. Come and give us a try.
Reviewed November 4, 2019

Free popadums, starter, vegetable dishes, naan bread, oranges, melons and mints.
But on top of great food and friendly service. Plus local shops to buy your wine. Can't recommend this enough even on a busy Saturday night after the rugby.

Date of visit: November 2019
kashim h, Public Relations Manager at Nawaaz Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2019

Write a reviewReviews (536)

Reviewed November 4, 2019

Had a great night staff very friendly and helpful. I had chilly chicken quite hot but once my taste buds got used to it I enjoyed it. Service was very prompt.

Date of visit: November 2019

Reviewed October 25, 2019 via mobile

So we needed a place to eat on a Friday night and I took to my trusty Trip Advisor app for some recommendations of an Indian restaurant and made the regrettable choice to eat here - what a mistake! No ambience, it was so loud and noisy and one look in the establishment should have had me turn back at the door but we didn’t! There was absolutely no authentic taste to any of the dishes we ordered. There are 101 other Indian restaurants in Leicester that are miles ahead of this one. It was like an Indian fast food restaurant, not actually a restaurant at all. The only good thing about this evening was the amount on the bill - cheap as chips. Just wish we’d grabbed a bag of chips instead. Safe to say we will not be returning and my honest suggestion would be for you to go elsewhere.

1  Thank nk_ssss
kashim h, Public Relations Manager at Nawaaz Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2019

Reviewed October 23, 2019 via mobile

I have not yet visited this establishment, however my good friend dinned here not too long ago and the feedback he gave me was so incredible I felt it was only right to let my feelings known. I am a curry fanatic who not only enjoys the pleasure of a curry on my tastebuds, but also the service provided. After hearing first hand the service provided from the second you walk through the door to the moment you leave, I had to make my feeling known. My good friend works hard everyday and any sane man knows how hard it is to pick a curry house to spend leisurely time with friends or colleagues. Your company made his evening. The key bit of service for me is the oranges provided at full time. From my experience of these types of cuisines, 9/10 dinners have their trouser buttons undone after a meaty, tasteful curry and can’t fit another bite of food in their mouths. I hear your establishment goes above and beyond, offering orange segments at this specific moment. Incredible scenes. The only piece of food that could be consumed at this stage would be an orange segment. This not only finishes the experience with a sweet taste in your mouth, but also a means to rehydrate the body.

I am so impressed with your service to my good friend that I am currently looking at heading to your establishment to dine with you good men all the way from the south coast.

Please keep up the good work and I look forward to experiencing your incredible establishment soon.

4  Thank BigFatFlynn
kashim h, Public Relations Manager at Nawaaz Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2019

Reviewed October 23, 2019

The restuarant staff were attentive and polite. We were given excellent food and they kept coming back with more and more. We will definitely return.