All reviewspillow menutop floorlovely hotelcity centrefresh milkhigh streetthird floorbottled waterthe holiday inncar parkcentral leicesterkey cardstayed here for one nightnoisebollardscafetierereception
Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

The bed was SOILED, sticky and disgusting!.
After a terrible night I alerted the staff to the soiled bed, left my number and after I didn't hear anything from them I sent an email.
That was weeks ago, still havnt heard from them?!...

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
6  Thank Footprints534255
Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

We came to Leicester for a three night gig at the De Montfort hall to see Marillion. There were six of us. We stayed at the Maiyango hotel. It's an unusual hotel. The reception is on the third floor, but it has a nice bar and balcony looking over the square. We had asked for rooms facing the back because the hotel is right in the centre so can be noisy. The decor is very modern and spotlessly clean. You have to go out in the street to get to the restaurant which is next door. The decor in the restaurant is sort of Moroccan. Silk hangings, bare wood etc, which we found quirky. We found the staff helpful and friendly. The food was delicious. We only had breakfast. Unfortunately the timings for dinner didn't suit us ( the gigs started early ). Which was a shame because the menu looked great. I had eggs benedict for breakfast one morning and it was the best I've ever had. Delicious. If we ever come back to Leicester we will definitely book to stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2017

We stayed at the Hotel Maiyango whilst on a one night stay in Leicester for a wedding. I really didn't know what to expect as the hotel had been booked for us and on top of that the wife has very high and unforgiving standards. Thankfully I needn't have worried as the Hotel Maiyango is a great place to stay at a very modest (well, for a city centre hotel, that is) price. Best of all, the wife was very pleased too !

The rooms are very well presented with modern and stylish furniture, comfortable bed and a tasteful modern feel. The furniture is new and not worn and our room was very presentable. Our room had a safe, a good sized tv (not one of those postage stamp sized ones you find in many other hotels) - there's also a kettle and a minibar.

The staff, it must be said, are extremely helpful and friendly.

The hotel is on the perimeter of the city but turn left out of the doors and within 10 seconds you are at the start of the High Street and all the major shops/shopping centre so 10/10 for location. Leicester city train station is only a 15 minute walk away and St Margarets coach station a 10 minute walk away.

I've read fellow reviewers comments and disagree with them. One reviewer mentions noise but we didn't find it noisy - the wife was in bed for 10pm. The following night I stayed in a hotel in Manchester city centre and THAT was noisy - but, what else do you expect from a busy city centre hotel - the world to stop for you?

Like many city centre hotels you have to organise your own parking but Hotel Maiyango had a special arrangement with the local secure NCP car park - only a 3 minute walk away.

In all, an EXCELLENT place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2017

Monday night stay in Room 7. Woken at 5am by refuse collectors. Spent the next 3 hours listening to NEE-NAH, NEE-NAH, NEE-NAH...Bollards in Motion as delivery trucks to the Highcross Shopping Centre entered the pedestrian area unabated. As we were awake with little hope of further rest we made a cup of tea, only to find the milk in the fridge was sour. The room was nice, well decorated apart from the fact that the artwork on the wall above the bed had been crudely stapled to the wall. Felt we paid too much money (£129) for the experience. Upon checking out, the Duty Manager made no apologies, merely referenced how annoying the bollards were because he had to sleep in the rooms at the front of the Hotel from time to time. When releasing the damage waiver from the credit card because we wanted to pay cash, we got charged 1p for the privilege and so we didn't end up paying the advertised rate. Sorry, but would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

Stayed hotel with my girlfriend Saturday night April 2017.

Ideal spot city center if your out drinking all night, it's very noisy and we heard people outside until 3am, we left tv on to drown the noise out, so if your not out drinking I wouldn't stay here.

Amazing tv but no sky and remote batteries flat.

Bathroom shower amazing

Bed rock hard and not comfortable, woke with back ache, my dog wouldn't find the bed comfortable. Room a little dusty could of been cleaner l!

Dressing gowns in bathroom felt hard and not soft.

Breakfast

Had full English it arrived with no baked beans, I ask waiter for some? he said they don't do beans. Then I heard the waiter say to staff that everyone asked for beans, well if everyone asked for beans why don't you have them, customer is always right you know.

Would stop again if problems sorted above

Regards