“DO NOT GO AND ESPECIALLY THE MOTEL!!! Never!!”
Review of Damons Hotel

Damons Hotel
Ranked #32 of 48 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“DO NOT GO AND ESPECIALLY THE MOTEL!!! Never!!”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

It is awful for SOO many reasons, we have been about 60 times in lasy 3 years to restuarent and room, we were goven a wrong price this time for the room and had to argue in the morning that we were not paying £67 and only £55 which i am discusted for that we need a full refund. They were rude, patronising and when we put oyr debit card on the counter, i went to pick it up, mid arguement, and the awful head receptionist- AWFUL PERSON- snatched it when i went to pick it up and said it was what we had to pay and put it in the card machine, i was soooooo angry. i thought she was going to take the money, i said she had no right to take it and she reluctantly gave me it back the absolute witch. That is illegal, it is theft. They quoted us a price otherwise if more we wouldnt have gone there, they ruined my boyfriends birthday and we only went there less than 3 weeks ago for mine. Absolute discust, i am writing a letter to the head office and never going again!!!! do yourself a favour and stay away from this awful place, punching way above their weight for the food and rooms they have with the prices, awful, stay on the street rather than here, i rekomend, Holiday Inn, Brayford waterfront. dont go here i have been a fan for nearly 4 years until today! discusting partonising, dirty, expensive filthy ridiculous theaving place and PEOPLE!!!!

1 Thank spirit09_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed 22 April 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last night (Saturday) booked the room and the table at the beginning of the week arrived room was lovely the newly refurbished well resented and clean however when we went across to the resterauntwe were told they were running late and our 8pm tab
E would now be 8.25 so after complaining at 8.40 we finally got a table at 9pm , just before being seated we went to the barto order more drinks to be told they had ran put of pint glasses it's chaos in there, when the waitress came to tale our order it was clear thy wanted to rush us through demanding that we order starters and mains at the same time, so before our starter had even arrived the coleslaw was brought to the table for the main which I had to tell the staff to take back until the main was ready no one wants coleslaw that's been sat there for half hour , spatter reluctantly having to order both starters and mains at once the starters arrived which were nice the 2nd we finished the mains were slammed on the table , I ordered the best steak and asked for it to be cooked mediumi was given a meal with o presentation a bit of over cooked steak lathered in salt with a few chips not at a
L how I asked for it to be cooked by this time I was that agitated I never wanted them to change the meal just take it away absolute let down, I know good food this is nothing but pub grub and I've had much better much cheaper, and to top it all off I had less than an hours sleep due to there being a door in our room to the next room which made any noise next door sound like thy were in our room and our neighbour shored like a jack hammer for the duration came home today disappointed and extremely tired

Stayed April 2012

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln hotels

Barton-upon-Humber, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed here for 1 night as a surprise for my partners birthday. Reception staff were very efficent and polite, even saying " Happy Birthday" to my partner. We arrived before the 3pm check in time but this was no problem, got checked in straight away. We had a double room on the first floor, very spacious and clean with great tea/coffee making facilities, when we had run out we just went straight to reception and ask for more and this was no problem.
We had booked into the restuarant for a evening meal, it was very busy and we were 30 minutes late getting our table, but the staff did apologise for this. We had 3 courses each and i can not fault anything it was delicious ( my partner is a chef and can be critical but he found no faults) as it was his birthday his main meal was free and we got another 20% of the food bill as we staying in the motel, and he got a free chocolate cake at the end. Again all the staff in the resturant were very polite and professional.
On returning to the motel the receptionist asked us we had a nice evening and to enjoy rest of our evening. We had a comfortable and peaceful sleep, i was a little concerned as our room looked onto a main road but it was good distance away and didnt disturb us ( and am a light sleeper). On checking out once again greeted by a friendly face and asked if everything had been ok and to have a safe journey home. I can not fault anything about our stay, all the staff were very friendly and polite and the room was lovely. Definintely saving up to go again :.)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
lincolnshire
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We had a family birthday gathering here in December. Ten of us booked into the motel for the evening and the rooms were lovely, very clean, and very comfy. My elderly parents were with us and my mum is in a wheelchair but there were no problems with access and all the staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was fantastic, there was a wide variety of choice from both the evening and breakfast menu. We all had a great time and would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I've stayed here a couple of times, both times with my partner .. the first time we stayed we got one of the downstairs refurbished rooms which were very nice. This time we got one of the older rooms upstairs, these were perfectly clean and actually very comfortable, they just looked a bit dated. The older room also had a bath which was perfect after a long day at the christmas market!

The receptionist staff here were wonderful! Happy and friendly, no complaints on that account. We also went for a meal at the restaurant which I cannot fault! The service was brilliant, the food was tasty and the cocktails were the highlight of my night :) plus motel guests get a 20% discount off their final bill which is a good touch.

The only problem I had was that because it was the christmas market weekend the price of the room almost doubled! But they're not the only ones, most hotels in the area do the same.

I would recommend Damons as a good place to stay as a base for visiting Lincoln.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are a bit dated but they have baths and the beds are comfier. Downstairs rooms are mo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2011

just stayed overnight at this hotel for my wifes birthday. the room was immaculate i.e. clean and well decorated . staff were polite and very helpful. had a meal at the resturant my wifes meal was free and because we stayed at the hotel i got 20% off my meal , the food was well prepared and prompt. we would not hesitate to stay there again or recomend it to anybody. also good value in the bar.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I've stayed at this motel three times of late, as a stopover on the way further North, and it's a personification of the old maxim about quality and price. In short, don't arrive expecting smoething like the Grosvenor and you won't be too disappointed. But you might still feel a teensy-weensy bit let down.

So, what are the plusses? Free internet and a big bed. The minuses? Paper-thin walls, throwback decor, a bathroom that includes a one-piece bath/shower effort with a showerhead that is useless for anyone over 5 feet tall, dodgy plumbing, and one of the worst breakfasts I have ever had. Unless you like fluffy bread with icing sugar on it. With bacon. Which took 40 minutes to arrive despite the restaurant only having a dozen people. What on earth?

Evening meals in the restaurant are a faux-American affair, and it gets busy with locals coming in for birthdays and the suchlike. On that basis don't expect much peace and quiet and do expect to wait for your order. As everyone bangs on about the ribs I had something else, which must have caused pandemonium in the kitchen as it took an hour to arrive. In fairness however, due to the cock-up my drinks were complimentary.

It's possible I will be staying there again at some point, and while I won't be unhappy at the prospect I can't exactly say I will be looking forward to it either.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business