“Specials menu let down”
Review of The Italian Club

The Italian Club
Reserve with OpenTable
The Italian Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 1,991 Restaurants in Liverpool
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Looked a good place and had been recommended.

Bread and olives were delicious but 5 and a half olives for £5.95 was a bit much!

My tortellini off the specials was great, but my wife had also ordered off the specials- beetriir pasta filled with fish with asparagus and rosemary sauce sounded different and interesting.

When it came, it looked disgusting! She said the pasta was under cooked and the rest was tasteless.

As she was hungry and it WAS what she's ordered she ate the pasta but the green bloop sauce was a step too far!

Great Tiramisu!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Didn't rate it the lowest due to the lovely decor but the food was horrible. Daughter's lasagne was cremated all around the side of the dish with a black layer on top, looked like a microwave meal. Son's pizza black on the bottom but sloppy on top. Didn't seem like mozzarella cheese and was very tasteless. Had better from a frozen basic supermarket range. My pannini had a scanty barely there bit of cheese with - no exaggeration - the worst roasted veg I've ever tasted. Bizarrely bitter as if it had been pickled in some way. It was also stone cold. Fries were awful. Some soggy, some burnt, quite an achievement. When I asked for mayo I was given sachets and the soft drinks came in cans.

I know the standard response is that we should have made someone aware we weren't happy but that sort of awful food should never be served up in the 1st place. Chef and waitress must have known the meals were a mess but served them to us anyway so why would I imagine they'd care about our complaint. It should have been obvious from amount we left that all was not well. Taking £40 for that sort of food is a disgrace. 1st time I've ever eaten out without tipping.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

This is the third time I have visited The Italian Club, but the first time with my children, aged 8 and 12. I have always been impressed and this visit was no different. The setting is light, airy and perfect for lunch. The children loved their pizzas and I was not disappointed with the ravioli, which was delicious. I have only one slight criticism, my glass of prosecco wasn’t quite as bubbly as I would have liked, no doubt a drawback of selling by the glass.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

Cant understand the grumpy reviews. This place is as pretty as a picture but quirky with it, with half the ceiling of a much grander space in the back room. The welcome was warm, and the food delicious. We were eating early before a train back to London, but at 5.15 the place was already busy and buzzy, with an endearing mixture of studenty types, much older couples, a few families with young children, and a massive birthday party just starting to assemble. We had gnocchi and a pasta dish , a side salad, a glass of prosecco, and they packed us up two slices of excellent cake for the journey, all for a little over £30. We loved it and we will definitely be back next time in Liverpool

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Although it’s placed in a very touristed street it has a nice local feel. Maybe because of the rather many regulars? Food is nice and inexpensive and service is friendly and professional. A bargain really.