New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Nadler Liverpool

The Nadler Liverpool
Ranked #1 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Norfolk
“Nice hotel pity about noise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We would not choose this hotel again as it is noisy being next to a club and the noise, despite the triple glazing goes on till 3am! We should have asked for another room but as lots of hen nights were going on, it might not have been possible. Don't accept rooms on fourth floor with 420 being nearest to club.

It is in a great location and the fridge and microwave are very useful. I am not sure about the idea of breakfast coming from a cafe if required , as the cafe is at least five minutes walk away and so the food could be cold. Also nowhere for two to eat it as there is only one chair in the room. Best breakfast and the best coffee in Liverpool is Bold Street coffee shop

Room Tip: We have tried quite a number of other hotels in Liverpool so thought Base to Stay would be interesti...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank LadyGNorfolk
b2smanager, General Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for your recent review of base2stay, I was very sorry to read that your sleep was disturbed during your stay with us. Whilst as with many City Centre hotels, noise is occasionally inevitable, the hotel does benefit from triple glazing and we work very closely with all the local bars and clubs, monitoring their sound levels to ensure that that they are at an acceptable level. However we have found due to the recent warm weather that a local bar has been leaving their doors open, and we have approached the management to ensure this does not happen again to enable all of our customers to benefit from a comfortable night’s sleep.

I was pleased to read that you managed to make use of the mini kitchen, as they are ideal for preparing light snacks. Our hot breakfast option is from a local restaurant which is only a two minute walk away and so arrives hot, and the produce is locally sourced. Alternatively we have a map in all of our bedrooms with all the local restaurants within a two minute walk that offer breakfast, so I hope that you managed to make use of this.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Cumbria, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Spent a couple of nights here. The hotel is only about 18 months old so everything is still in good condition. Style is a very modern chic boutique hotel. Staff are very good and friendly. The room keycard gives you access to the hotel front door and the lifts, so don't forget it, but it is a good security feature. The room was well laid out and there is a small kitchen built into the wall. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was a reasonable size. The location is good, within walking distance of Liverpool1 and a lot of restaurants, bars and clubs. There is a Tesco store withiin a 100 yards if you forget anything. There is no hotel car park, but there is a discount if using the Hanover Street Q-Park. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a city break.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Golden-mole
Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Just returned from a weekend in Liverpool and have to say that Base2stay has to be one of the best hotels in the city. It is clean, quiet and very smart. The reception staff are friendly, helpful and efficient. The room was very comfortable, plenty of storage and the kitchenette is an inspired idea. The hotel is so central to all the attractions it means no need for taxis. I would recommend Base2stay to anyone visiting Liverpool. Excellent!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank 869HMR
Wheathampstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I spent a comfortable, relaxed three days at base2stay Liverpool. The reception staff are extremely helpful friendly. My room was large enough, well designed and still had original wooden beams dating back to the original warehouse. Free coffee available in the light and airy lounge and breakfast can be delivered to your room. This is in a good location within ten minutes walk of Lime Street Station and the Waterfront.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors with views over the Mersey
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Miriam14
Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights here and really liked it.
Good service from the young friendly staff.
The hotel had everything we wanted and more. Very quiet with no scraping of chairs and banging doors.
Loved the little kitchen and made good use of the fridge for our drinks etc.
Great location.
Love Liverpool but weren't there long enough so won't be long before we return
They should have one of these hotels in every City

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank DurhamCharlotte
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is one of the best hotels in Liverpool. It was my first time in the city with my parents, and I was looking for a place that was comfortable, easy to find and that have all the facilities for different people of different ages.
This places was absolutely perfect! I advice everybody who goes to Liverpool to stay here!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Patricia R
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

WOW! That is the first word that comes to mind! I'd like to apologize to the staff for taking awhile to write, but I haven't gotten the chance until now! I came to the base2stay on january 22nd, 2012 and stayed until february 7th, 2012. Let me just say, it was one of the best trips of my entire life! My main intention was to go to Anfield to see 3 thrilling matches.Well not only did I get to see 4 thrilling matches, I also got to see how beautiful Liverpool was, and how amazing the people were. Let me say firstly, Damien, Chris, Darren, and Lara, members of the staff made this trip memorable for me! You 4 definitely made me feel right at home and made this an exciting journey for me! From the hours spent talking football, and to going to the pubs, I was really treated as one of the lads, and not just a tourist from the western part of the world!

The room was fantastic! I was on the 4th floor, it took some getting used to, but boy was it amazing. Loved the wooden beams, and the bathroom was amazing! Beautiful TV, and what a comfortable bed. I also enjoyed the skylight, which was a great feature to the room!

Base2Stay is also close to every attraction you need, and every restaurant. Nothing was more than a 10 minute walk, and if it was, it was one of the greatest walks I have taken. I got to explore all of Liverpool One, enjoyed the full beatles experience, including the taxi cab tour which i very much recommend. And your restaurants were brilliant! 5 pound for a lunch and a drink at cafe express, and the food was brilliant.

I honestly am rambling, and going all over the place, but its because all I can remember is being very happy. I have never felt so welcome in a city, by even the Evertonian fans who were glad to see a Canadian Venture into their beautiful city. I made a lot of friends, and I even found a lot of job opportunities, which I have looked into! I just want to thank the staff for everything they did, whether it was recommending i get pizza from the great american pizza slice, or taking the ferry cross the mersey. You really made this one of the most unforgettable trips I have taken, and I will definitely be back, hoping for this year. Darren, Damian, Chris and Lara, thank you so much for the hospitality you showed me while I was there! your manager was brilliant, even though she was a manc :P I wish I remember her name, but the fact you guys took me in the cab to anfield, and took care of it, or bought me pints of drink, it is definitely something I Will never forget.

I highly recommend this hotel, and if you;re looking for something to do, the front staff is brilliant and will find ways to keep you entertained for the day! Trust me, I recommend this stay to Liverpool, and I recommend you see all the attractions! I Spent 15 days there, and I Still had much to do!!

You'll Never Walk Alone!

Room Tip: They say the lower rooms are better because of all the clubs around the hotel. You will have less of...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Vartevar S
b2smanager, General Manager at The Nadler Liverpool, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Vartever S

I am delighted that you had a great stay at base2stay Liverpool and of course you enjoyed the great football we have in the city. You must be very happy with your team winning the league cup and now into the semi-finals of the FA cup.

We attract a lot of people who base themselves here to enjoy the premiership football and being only 2hrs 5 minutes to London from Liverpool Lime Street train station it makes the London games possible during your stay.

My guys enjoyed your company and I will pass your best wishes on and we look forward to seeing you here at base2stay soon.

Best Wishes