“First Class!!!”

Ranked #20 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Negril
“First Class!!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Arrived 3rd June for a 24 hour break.On site car-parking really a bonus! Check-in was fast and efficient, room not ready, BUT, 25% discount card for bar and lunchtime foods for the inconvenience!!! No problemo!!! We were not in any rush at all! Executive Queen room (First Floor) very clean and well fitted out with all the necessary "Stuff", along with very nice bathroom/sleep products. Bed was very comfortable!

Afternoon drinks down in the bar with a light-bite for lunch (Char-grilled steak sandwich, thin-cut fries and a Cheese and onion Panini for "her who must be obeyed"!!!

The sandwich was recommended by "Stuart" who was the most friendly, polite and understanding gentleman we have had the pleasure of meeting!! He also served us room service breakfast in the morning (Thankyou Stuart) he is such an asset to the hotel and really goes the extra mile to inform and serve the most refreshing "Cosmopolitan Cocktails"!! Can't fault this man, made the short stay for us very enjoyable indeed.

Dinner was superb, assisted by the lovely Stacey, scallops to start and hot and sour soup (Chefs Home-made)..followed by Medallions of Beef with dauphinoise potatoes and red-wine sauce and a wild mushroom Risotto for my wife. "Best Risotto" she's ever tasted (So she said) and mine was to die-for!!!..Nice Cold Bottle of L&P to wash it down!!!

There was a large wedding taking place and there was a small amount of sound travel to our room which was directly over the function, but to be honest....we soon fell asleep in the comfy bed.....and didn't really cause concern...after all, it was someone's happy day!!

Breakfast served in the room...full English....very nicely cooked, hot and lovely to see the friendly "Stuart" wishing us a "Good Morning".......Superb!!! Thank you again.
Is it the best hotel in the City?? I don't really know...but we can recommend a stay here. Not cheap to eat or drink...but you only get what you pay for!!!
Thank you Crown Plaza. (and Stuart!!) Paul & Looby-Lou!! (AKA-The Zoggies)

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the harbour/ docks...and if you're bothered by noise...a higher room would be...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your kind comments. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre.

We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service to all of our guests and I am pleased you were able to experience our high standards during your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive reviews and I have made sure to share your comments with all of our employees.

I appreciate your comments regarding lunch and dinner, which sounds delicious. We often boast to having the ‘Best Breakfast in Town’ so I am very happy you had the opportunity to enjoy it.

Once again thank you for your time and I truly hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Stephen Roberts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, Uk
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed here with old two young daughters. The room was large and tidy. Good location by the docks so easy to walk everywhere.

We decided it was also probably a little quieter than staying in the city centre.

Ample parking as well.

• Stayed June 2012
CrownePlazaLiverpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback about our hotel. Thank you for your time and comments and I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I had been attempting to book the Hilton but failed to contact their reception desk to arrange my special request until the offer was no longer available & they were unable to honour the original price quoted so I decided on Crown Plaza. The Crown Plaza's own web site offered the same special deal as laterooms.com which is helpful & it was very easy to speak to the receptionist

The hotel is in a very good location by the docks, not too far from the main shops. The hotel was busy with a wedding reception when we arrived but the staff were extremely helpful & friendly. Our room overlooked the inner harbour and walkway, it was very comfortable with 2 queen size beds. The evening meal from room service was ok but overpriced as is usual for hotels like this. The breakfast was very nice & delivered to the room on time.

Prior to booking I spoke to the receptionist who advised we could have a 2pm check out if I joined the priority club when making the booking - this was easily done with no extra forms to complete.

A special thank you to the housekeeping supervisor who was also most helpful

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank glen1
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre.

I truly appreciate your kind words regarding our helpful and friendly staff as we pride our selves on excellent customer service. As you mentioned the hotel is ideally situated for local attractions and shops, with stunning views of the River Mersey and Docks. We are always monitoring our hotel and guest feedback to ensure we offer best value for money and I value your comments regarding the room service prices.

Once again thank you for your time and comments and I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I was a guest at Crowne Plaza Liverpool on 26th May, my husband and I returned with two other guests to hotel after night out at approx 2 a.m. to find the residents bar closed. We proceeded to one of our rooms and requested some drinks, the prices were outrageous namely £160 for a bottle of vodka, we eventually paid £82.00 for 8 measures of vodka and three paninis. We complained the following morning as it was stated mini bar could be stocked on request but all that was available to us was 2 bottles of budweiser and bottle of rose. We got no satisfaction the following morning. You do not receive 4* treatment in this hotel and could not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Geraldine G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear Geraldine G,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your comments regarding the mini bar. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future, and hopefully on such occasion we can make your stay as best as it can be.

Again, thank you for your feedback and staying with us.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We only stayed for the one night and everything was first class,from the friendly and helpful check in ,the comfort and location of the room and the delicious breakfast to the cheery goodbye.Yes...............Top Quality

Room Tip: Fabulous views of the Liver Building
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaLiverpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service.

Once again thank you for your time and I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2012

A modern hotel in a great location, we were impressed by an efficient and friendly check in with a helpful desk clerk who gave us some advice on where to visit. Room was clean, modern and well appointed/decorated. We had an executive room which gave us free access to the exec lounge - which was OK - but a little cramped. We were disappointed by another couple in there who were making the most of the free wine and food - staggering out with two of the wine bottles out of the fridge! Breakfast on the Sunday morning was chaos. The room is too small for the size of hotel and the waiting staff were untrained and lacked pace. We had to wait 25 mins to be seated only to be shown to a grubby table. The buffet kept running out of food. The head guy on the welcome desk was fab and appeared to be trying to do it all himself in the face of rubbish colleagues. A real shame - sharpen up your breakfast service/room/staff and we would defintely go back.

Room Tip: Go for an exec room - worth the extra - very nice
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre.

We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and hence are always very pleased to receive constructive feedback from our guests to ensure that high standards are retained. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you were caused due to the shortfall in standards and service in our Breakfast department of the hotel. I can assure you that I have noted the points which you raised, and that these have been acted upon accordingly with any necessary retraining being carried out.

Once again thank you for your comments and I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

shropshire
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We had suite 412 overlooking the water and it was lovely.
Furniture bit dated but suite as a whole lovely and i would definately stay here again
Jacuzzi bath was brill, big bubbly and hot water,,,, heaven
we ate in restaurant and can not fault it, apart from bit of a wait but we werent in a hurry so was nice to sit and talk and relax for a change.
staff we so friendly
swimming pool warm and clean,
all in all brilliant hotel

Room Tip: suite 412 has excellent views
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

As you mentioned our location allows us to have numerous bedrooms that capture the beautiful views of our Mersey River and Docks. I appreciate your feedback regarding the furniture which will be noted and used in any future developments our hotel will be undertaking. I am pleased to read you made full use of our Restaurant and Harbour Club whilst you were with us and I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Once again thank you for your time and kind comments.